“One of my favorites”
Review of Giulia

Giulia
Reserve with OpenTable
Giulia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 645 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Harvard Square and Porter Square T stops
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have dined at Giulia on several occasions now and the food is exceptional. I always try the daily crostini. Love the pasta & clams in broth, the wild boar & tagliatelle, as well as the homemade sausage. Interesting wine list with some excellent selections from small wineries in Italy. I am surprised by other reviewers' comments on Terri, the bartender. I have eaten at the bar by myself and with friends and Terri has always been friendly and helpful. He has made some excellent recommendations on wine and after dinner digestifs. I feel very comfortable by myself at the bar. They still need to work out some glitches with the waitstaff. I will say that the host/hostesses are always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've been about four times in the last three months. It's difficult to recommend any dishes since they are all so good. Be sure to have a pasta dish since it is made fresh at the big pasta table daily. Appetizers, entrees, pasta, vegetables, all excellent. We're usually too full for dessert or that would also get a great rating. Nice selection of wine and beers, plus a full bar. Very knowlegable, friendly service.
This is located in our neighborhood and I can tell you there is no parking and no, you can't park in my driveway. Reservations are essential and the last time I checked, running 3 weeks in advance unless you're looking for a Tuesday or when Harvard is out.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

On our second visit to Giulia with 2 out-of-town friends, we were again assigned to the large pasta table that sits 2 groups. Because the others were already six, we complained about the interference of the noise level. Well, since our own party wasn't there, the Giulia people did their best to accommodate us to another table as soon as possible. We then enjoyed a lovely Italian meal and very good service.
This is a very small place as most Cambridge residents would expect. Nothing fancy around except for a very warm atmosphere. The dishes are of Italian inspiration but with consistently original twists. The wines are attractive and reasonably priced. The only problem is that this is a very small restaurant and it's impossible to find a table on most nights.
Also, I wish that Michele, the chef and owner, would teach his staff to pronounce Italian words correctly: why say "tag-l-iolinAE" when it is taliolini? Why say for a wine San MTCHELE when it should be presented as San Mikele? Please.....the local clientele deserves better and all others should be approached for an enlightened view of Italy.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

At a small scale that doesn't feel stuffy or claustrophobic, Guilia manages to feel both like a comfortable neighborhood restaurant and a fancy night out. The service is very warm and friendly, the wine list is excellent and tightly focused, and the food ranges from very good to spectacular. The Nantucket sea scallops with a smoked Calabrian sausage risotto was one of the best entrées I've had all year.

Because it's small and very hot right now, give yourself a week's notice for reservations.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The old adage, looks can be deceiving was proven true last night. Upon first entering Giulia, the decor and layout is unimpressive at best. However, once one looks at the menu, and samples the complimentary bread and evoo, all that changes. The bread was wxcellent(crusty and chewy), the evoo was of the highest quality, and the appetizers were simply marvelous. The pappardelle with wild boar was mouth-wateringly good, and the olive oil cake with roasted figs,honey, and marscapone finished a wonderful meal. Our server was warm, friendly and knowledgable. The wine list is well-chosen.