“Lovely dining experience”
Review of Puritan & Company

Puritan & Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Puritan & Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 634 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Tremont Street
Transit: MBTA bus stops 69, 83, 91 CT2, 64, 68, 85 (ordered by distance of stop from restaurant) MBTA Red Line: Central Square and 12-minute walk
Description: Puritan & Company serves modern American cuisine, with particular emphasis on traditional New England fare, and not without occasional excursions into other ethnic ingredients and styles. Our mainstays are ingredients sourced from farms we know and locally to the extent possible, and always a sense of fun. The team brings a unique mix of culinary and beverage experience together to offer quality food, local beers, and wine from independent makers worldwide. Puritan & Company's space is a casual and fun place to dine. We love to share our excitement about the food and wine we serve like any hosts at a dinner party. Guests and their friends should feel comfortable in our friendly and even familial environment as we make our food and guest the number one focus.
San Francisco, California
“Lovely dining experience”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a lovely group dinner at Puritan & Company. Service was excellent all around - friendly, helpful, and well-timed. I really liked the restaurant's minimal yet warm decor. The food was delicious, and beautifully presented. The potato rolls served to each table were phenomenal - dense and tasty. The starters were probably my favorite part of the meal: we shared the pickle pot, gougeres, and the smoked bluefish pate. The bluefish pate was amazing! I had the wagyu steak as my entree, which was also very good (though not particularly remarkable). We were too stuffed for dessert. Nice selection of wines by the glass. Would happily return!

• Visited November 2013

Pretoria, South Africa
“Sunday Brunch ...Yummy”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you got up abit late and needed to find a good Breakfast or Brunch spot on a Sunday...then Puritan & Company is a place to be. Ha continued our Birthday celebration right into Sunday where we needed to have Brunch. He had called and reserved a large table which they where very accommodating.

The breakfast was awesome and lots of flavours for the morning with some traditionals as well. Service was excellent and the people in the restaurant was super friendly for a big noisy crowd in the morning of Sunday... :-)

If you looking for a Breakfast spot then looking no further because you will find it at Puritan & Company. The manager was also very friendly and we were given a free bottle of bubblies to continue our celebration or end our celebration...canot remember now :-)

Go check it out...its awesome..

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Foodie Spot”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I found this spot by word of mouth from a bartender. When it was described as 'farm to table' I was sold. The place was crowded, it looked great, we were a couple and walked in with no reservation and were happy to sit at the bar to have our meal. There are some excellent wines to start the evening followed by a great selection of oysters. Joshua did an excellent job assisting us for our meal, turns out he's from a few great restaurants in my San Francisco neighborhood, he knows his food. The dishes shined, local ingredient from the chef's family farm. The wild mushroom and farm egg was a great starter. The pork chop was cooked perfectly and was very very juicy, a must try dish. I regret not getting dessert, but I was more than satisfied with my meal, I could eat no more. This is a 'must try' restaurant that I will tell people to visit when in the area. I will definitely go here again next time I'm in the Boston and make a reservation this time.

• Visited October 2013
Pa
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you pay $45.00 for a steak you should expect the steak to beas tender as butter with little grizzle and fat. The steak I had had the Puritan, while tasty, was tough and with an extreme amount of grizzle and fat. For the price I paid this steak, I should not have to worry about the possiblilty of choking on it because of toughness, Also, the Puritan's salad was so so and the brownie served in the sunday was hard like a piece of shale. On a positive note, my companions had the Monkfish which they thought was quite good. In my opinion, this restaurant is on the pretentious side and lacks the quality required to match their pricing. All in all, I have had much better food at Oleana and the Renedevous On Central than the Puritan.

• Visited October 2013
Somerville
“Excellent food, still needs full liquor license”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a great meal here at the end of September. Place has a great decor and a huge bar but they still lack a full liquor license which I actually didnt realize until I inspected the bar more closely. The beer and wine selection was good and waitress was great with wine suggestions.

Food was great, we split a salad and had the scallops and chicken entrees and they were both fantastic.

Overall a great time - and i hear they are trying to petition the city for a full license.

Visited September 2013