“Limited menu, but tasty”
Review of Garden At The Cellar - CLOSED

Garden At The Cellar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2013

There's not a lot of flexibility in the menu, but what came was well-presented and well-prepared. The service was friendly, and the server was well-informed and helpful. Kids won't have a lot of options, but there is a grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

What an amazing experience. The small plates were perfectly portioned. I enjoyed the scallops and the street corn. A perfect light meal for the evening and priced accordingly. I saw at the bar and the young woman who was serving and tending bar was spot on. Very friendly and attentive and had great recommendations for my dinner. The locals were very friendly which made the night even better!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Two thumbs up: Foie gras and doughnuts, $3 Pabst

The worst part of this restaurant was making decisions when looking through the menu. The options are not endless, however everything sounds delectable. My wife and I ended up splitting several small plates and an entree and all were some of the best we had in Boston. The gnocchi was better than any on the North End and the pork belly slider was one of the best takes on belly that I've ever had. One dish that flew under the radar was the beet salad. If I were to go back I would certainly order the beet salad and an entree and be satisfied.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is probably the place my wife and I choose most often for our Friday date nights. The Mass Ave. location is a bit unlikely, but we've always been happy there. A pleasant interior, friendly service, and surprisingly ambitious food for what seems like basically a pub. One can eat fairly cheaply on soup, etc., or more expensively on small plates and main courses. The menu does change with the seasons, and specials are often quite interesting. And good drinks, including a range of beers on tap, a small wine list, and cocktails.

I don't think they take reservations for small parties, but there are typically tables available until about 6:30pm on Fridays.

1  Thank richard_cambridge
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We go to the Garden at the Cellar a couple of times a month. It's consistent in the quality of the food and service. The menu changes regularly while keeping some staples.
The lamb gnocchi is one of my favorites. Sometimes they have a mushroom and arugula (small) pizza that is also great!
The portion are fair sizes and allow for sharing.

You can also order food downstairs, but I find that to be more of a bar scene.

1  Thank BeeTravelinn