“Delicious Brazilian Cuisine!!”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2015

Muqueca is located on the strip of Cambridge St., where I was told, lots of hip restaurants to eat. Muqueca is also well known by many MIT and Harvard students as the place to order their authentic traditional caipirinha (Brazilian hillbilly drink). It is a small place and surprisingly, not many locals know about. A hidden gem for sure, but once you try them, you will have to come back and try more!!

Of the dishes that we tried, I suggest ordering their side of plantains. Their Feijoada ComPleta is a Brazilian National Dish. It comes with Black beans stew with fresh & dried meat, pork, sausage & bacon, and served with collard greens, fried plantain, farofa & orange. It was mouth watering and so good and cooked in a clay pot. For dessert, their chocolate flan was good but super rich, so if you don't like it super sweet, I suggest their tapioca coconut dessert instead .

What surprised me the most, I requested a cup of coffee after a nice meal, and the our nice waitress made me an awesome Brazilian espresso. What a treat! We will definitely come back when we are in the area.

Until then, Cheers! ~ :p

Reviewed November 5, 2015

Best Brasilian food outside of Brazil. The moqueca's, feijoada and caiprnihas are as authentic as you can find. The deserts were to-die-for and the expresso's put Starbucks to shame. You really need to go here if you want to feel like you are dining in Sao Paulo or Rio.

Reviewed October 9, 2015 via mobile

Muqueca is a national dish of Brazil and it is wonderful. I had the shrimp muquecu and it was full of shrimp. My wife had the red snapper. It was very good. Also try the Brazilian dark beer.

Reviewed September 12, 2015

Definitively the authentic Brazilian experience for seafood! Wonderful food and the owner is very friendly! Some staff are great! It is not a place to eat in a rush, so go when you have time to appreciate the time it takes to prepare great food!

Reviewed August 18, 2015 via mobile

We were in the mood to eat something different and tried this restaurant based on reviews here. Truly was a good restaurant with great food and service. Family friendly as well. Quick cab ride from MIT area. Parking easy in the pm.