“The best Brazilian Seafood in Boston!”
Review of Muqueca

Muqueca
Ranked #49 of 674 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2015

Definitively the authentic Brazilian experience for seafood! Wonderful food and the owner is very friendly! Some staff are great! It is not a place to eat in a rush, so go when you have time to appreciate the time it takes to prepare great food!

Reviewed August 18, 2015 via mobile

We were in the mood to eat something different and tried this restaurant based on reviews here. Truly was a good restaurant with great food and service. Family friendly as well. Quick cab ride from MIT area. Parking easy in the pm.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

To begin, let me state that our recent first visit to Muqueca will be the first of many. Our servier, Nicole, was first rate--informative, courteous, and attentive. As for the food it is AMAZING!!!!
Constant Companion and I began with Lula empanada com molho de maracujá (Fried Calamari with passion fruit sauce). Nicole volunteered to bring some of Muqueca's home made hot sauce for me. A nice tomato base very similar to "Inner Beauty" sauce it was superb. The Calamari were nicely breaded and cooked perfectly.
For entrees, Constant Companion selected Bobo de camarão (Shrimp BoBó) @
$ 18.95. It was comprised of Shrimp, tomato, onion, cilantro, yucca cream & coconut milk cooked and presented in a clay pot. Accompanying the shrimp was a nice serving of white rice and a "gravy" both of which CC raved about. It should be pointed out that there was too much food for CC to finish so Nicole neatly packed what remained into three separate doggie bag containers. For the next few days CC enthusiastically spoke of her first encounter with Brazilian cooking.
I selected the Moqueca de peixe (Fish Moqueca @ $ 18.95. I have been wanting to try this dish since seeing it featured "Neighborhood Kitchens" on PBS last year. This dish is a Brazilian Style Seafood Stew made with Cilantro, Tomato & Onion, and served with Rice & Pirão. This was a remarkably enjoyable meal also cooked and served in a clay pot !!! The seafood in the stew was tender local Haddock. This was so good that I finished it all but later I was bemoaning the fact that I had no left overs. It was really that good!!!. Total bill, including 1 Caipirinha ($ 6.50) and 1 Chardonnay, including tax was $63.50.

2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

I've seen Muqueca when passing by but never really noticed it. It doesn't demand your attention - it seems more low-key, content to do what it does, which is provide delicious food with friendly and accommodating service.

Four of us went for an early dinner and the place was half full when we arrived. It didn't take long to fill up and it was packed by the time we left. Now I know why.

We started with a beer, two sangrias and a caipirinha. They were tasty.

Given the portions we were seeing brought to other dinners we decided to pass on the appetizers and go right to entrees. This was a shame as there were some really tasty looking apps like fried yucca available with different dips, cod cakes, Brazilian patties and soup with collard greens, potato and sausage. Maybe next time.

I had the Feijoada Completa, a black bean and meat stew, served with fried plantain, orange, collard greens and farofa. It was great! There were a variety of meats in the stew including beef, dried beef, pork, sausage and bacon. But the focus was more on the beans and the stew liquid. Very hearty and tasty.

For those who don't want meat, the menu has lots and lots of seafood and quite a few vegetarian options.

The staff were great - everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

I recommend this place and will definitely return to further explore the menu.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

If you love Brazilian food, this is your place in the Boston area! I am not such a fan of Brazilian food, but still enjoyed our visits here. The offerings were very similar to what I had traveling in Brazil. My favorites are the fresh juices available, which I have not found many other places, although the caipirinhas are also excellent.. Hubby loves Brazilian food and was especially pleased by frango appetizer, and we all enjoyed the hearts of palm salad and shrimp bobo. Signature moqueca is good, but not exceptional.