“Seafood Heaven”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is place specializes in seafood, specially the famous Brazilian fish stew called "Muqueca". They also have a couple of dishes featuring steak and chicken if fish is not your thing. The address has changed to down the street at 1008 Cambridge St.

For Appetizers, you should try the Cod cakes and the Fried Yuca with dried beef. The fried yuca tastes like a broiled potato with a twist. The cod cakes were the best.

For Entrees, my wife tried the Cod a Capixaba, which is a type of baked cod marinated in coconut oil with veggies and spices. I had the regular fish stew, which was good but lacked a little bit of salt, or seasoning for my taste. The most tasteful of the two was the Cod dish.

For Dessert, you have your typical Brazilian sweets: passion fruit mousse, flan, and brigradeiro. They have a variety of fruit drinks and combinations.

It's a small place, so I recommend reservations. The ambience is very nice and relaxed. One thing that surprised me is how well maintained and decorated the bathrooms are. It's not usual to find such clean and inviting bathrooms in privately owned restaurants. I know it's just a bathroom, but that tells a lot about the place.

Overall, this place is well worth the trip and the price.

1  Thank EndyBOSTON

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We arrived early, around 6:30 pm. First visit. Only two occupied tables when we arrived. We placed our order then waited 30 minutes before meal arrived. Similar at adjacent tables although table next to us got their meals in about 15 minutes after they ordered. Food was excellent, waitstaff courteous and checked on us frequently.

1  Thank TotallyRelaxed
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My first time on this place. We were 4 people, 2 brazilians and 2 Americans. We all had muqueca and everybody loved. Also the the fish nuggets (iscas de peixe) as appetizer was great, as well the caipirinha even it's prepared with other liquor than the Brazilian cachaça .
We will return.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Not in the best area, however, there is actually off street parking. We walked inside because of the good reviews, and thought the restaurant was very cute. When we looked at the menu we were a little overcome by such different dishes, so we decided to go with the dish they were named for...moqueca. We all wanted the shrimp, so we had a triple portion. It is impossible to describe how wonderful it was...it is hours later and we are still commenting on what a wonderful dinner we had. We are actually thinking about going back tomorrow!!!! Definately one of my favorite dishes that I have ever had. Thank you Muqueca!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you are looking for a delicious non fried freash seafood this is the place! The food was delicious! The appetizers were fried but the muqueca entrees are not fried, they are cooked in clay oven and the fish and other seafoods taste delicious. I would say it is a must go if you like to try different ethinic food, this is an northern brazilian authentic food. Their blended juice is a must too.