“Go for the Sushi, it's amazing!”
Review of Tamarind House - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Good for: Scenic view
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The first couple of time we went to the Tamarind House, we tried their Thai Cuisine which was more dissapointing than anything else. The sauces were very watery and it didn't really taste like anything.
On one day, we finally went for the Sushi, which is only available at dinner time, and were very suprised! We went for the "Black Dragon", "Red Dragon", "Seafood Salad" and some easy Makis. The Sushi was excellent! The sizes are not too big and it just simply tastes amazing!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to a great Thai dinner, but we were both disappointed. I ordered the Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp. It was VERY dry, with the chicken and shrimp being flavorless. There really was no sauce. My husband got a seafood dish, but found it to be lacking in flavor. We started with vegetable egg rolls. There were five, extremely skinny, small egg rolls with probably one teaspoon of vegies inside. The waiter was very mediocre, and the atmosphere is more more like a bright cafe. Bummer....

1  Thank omlil
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The menu at Tamarind House is chock full of Thai delicacies. I have tried many of them and they are universally way above average. This is one great Thai restaurant that will not disappoint.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My pad thai with shrimp and tofu was very good. My family also had chicken and beef dishes that were delicious also. One server not too nice, but all others fine. Large portions, reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Simple and small on Mass Ave (Cambridge, MA). Go for their whole fried fish and ask for extra sauce! As good as the best I have had anywhere.