“Excellent hotel restaurant and a decent value”

Zephyr on the Charles
Reserve with OpenTable
Zephyr on the Charles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 629 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Amesbury
Transit: Boston University Cental on Green Line, Kendall Square on Red Line.
Massachusetts
“Excellent hotel restaurant and a decent value”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

While staying at the Hyatt in Cambridge we decided to have breakfast in hotel. We chose the breakfast buffet at the hotel. It was nice diverse, fresh fruit, breakfast rolls, eggs, sausage, all the usual suspects. The surprise was with the omelet station offered ingredients included brocollini and zucchini flowers.....wow. And the best fresh made waffles I've had in some time.

Visited May 2014

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the mussels!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband is a mussel fanatic and he said they were the best he has ever had. I had the flat iron steak and it was good but I didn't care for the blue cheese on it. The lobster bisque was good but not worth $10 since it had very little lobster meat in it. I am a bisque snob and I compare everything to the lobster bisque at the Nittany Inn at State College where it is the best.

Visited April 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Breakfast is great, otherwise disappointing”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

After checkin I went to the bar for a light meal at the bar. Decided to try the New England clam chowder since it is Boston, but was very disappointed.

The chowder was totally flavourless and the consistency of wallpaper paste (or thicker). Being hungry I still ate most of it so I didn't feel right asking for a refund, and when I later complained to hotel management they did not see the chance to impress me by offering a credit anyway :-/

It reminded me that the last time I visited I was put off by the calamari rings.

On the other hand, the breakfast buffet is very good and a good deal at $19 (excl. tax).

So next time I'll take the breakfast and skip other opportunities.

Visited April 2014
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Great view with OK food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you're staying at the Hyatt in Cambridge this is really one of your only options, as the hotel is a bit isolated. I had the lobster roll, which was passable and the next morning I had the decent buffet breakfast, which will cost you $20+. The view of the river is great, but if you want a really good meal, get to Harvard Square.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“great service, yummy food, nice views”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

very attentive staff, nice menu options, fresh food served promptly. At dinner, our server moved our group to a window view halfway through our meal. Thanks!

Visited February 2014