“Best Veggie Sushi!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my dinner here whilst visiting Cambridge from the UK. I've never had so much choice in Sushi (I'm vegan and sister is vegetarian & the rest of the party enjoyed the fish-based dishes) We all started with the vegetarian miso soup and some edamame beans to share.

My sister had the Inari Nigiri which was amazing, (fried tofu skin sushi!) as well as the asparagus rolls. I went for the vegetable futomaki as recommended by our waitress which turned out to be a good choice - and not one I would have originally gone for as I was unsure of what a few of the fillings were but she was very knowledgeable about the menu! My only disappointment is that sushi dishes tend to be fairly filling so I couldn't sample more because everything looked so delicious!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice fresh sushi and sashimi. The staff were pleasant and although service was slow in the beginning, it got better and it is understandable because they were short on staff that they. They did make a good effort though. I ordered the lunch sushi set and salmon bento set. Both of which I enjoyed with my partner. We liked the salad that came with it but both felt that the soup was too bland and diluted. Other than that, I'm pretty happy.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My dinner was so good at Cafe Sushi that I couldn't stop eating it even though I was full. I ordered a traditional bento box plus a couple extra pieces of sushi. Everything was delicious: the salad, miso soup, tamago and sake sushi, chicken teriyaki, pickled vegetable, seaweed salad, pickled ginger, and edamame. One thing I really appreciated was the temperature of things. They got it right. Sushi and salad weren't too cold, soup was hot, and beer nice and cold. I look forward to going back.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've eaten a lot of sushi in Japan and in the US and this place is very good.

What was unusual was the inventive vegetarian sushi: seared avocado, okra, aubergine, shimeji mushroom, fennel: nicely presented and very tasty!

Conventional sushi also good!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Finally got to eat at Cafe Sushi. Loved it. My daughter is gluten intolerant and they were right on top of things. The fish was fresh and creative.