“poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 623 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elliot
Transit: Harvard Square (Red Line) "T" stop.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Located in the courtyard of the Charles Hotel, our restaurant evokes the simple style of the original Legal Sea Foods that was in nearby Inman Square, Cambridge. In warmer months our outside patio reels in those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our waitress took our order, and then never showed up again. Two other people, a busboy and the bartender brought the food 40 minutes later. No one bothered to check on our table. I had to ask a busboy to find a waiter because the wrong side dish was brought. The crab cake was delicious, but you got one small one for $17. No salad, just a few greens on the same plate. The salmon was average. The drinks were bad. This might be a good place for sandwiches, but otherwise won't be back, at least to this one.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
east northport
“Perfection [gluten free]”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Seldom does my daughter have the opportunity to dine out and enjoy fried food. She has celiac and if she craves something like this she usually cooks for herself. At Legal the menu abounds with classic offerings for her. She ordered a fried platter and it was outstanding!!! The wait staff and manager attended to her like she was royalty. Bravo Legal!! I will be boasting to everyone with regard to your attention to detail and concern for the customer. This was the best gluten free experience [meal] she has had in a long time. Thank you, we will be back for more.

• Visited January 2014
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

It is nothing fancy. It was busy with families - little kids trashing the place a parents not cleaning after them.
We had salad and entree and they came together! I hate that! The wine by the glass was probably 3 oz., maybe 4. small and mediocre. not my favorite.

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I like the unique touches to otherwise common entrees. The food was great, drinks were yum and service wonderful!

Visited November 2013
“Not sure I would go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were greeted and told we were special so go upstairs have a cocktail or two . The people were extremely nice we were seated on a couch. However I am a diebetic we waited almost 3 hours before we finally were given a table at 10p. I then got very sick from the oysters. They were kind enough to reimburse me it took a month. I am not so sure I would go back. My son took the gift certificate said it was fine. Not a weekend place. Ruined our day the next day as I had food poisoning from the oysters. They insist they never ever had any complaints such as. Oh well never ever was I so sick. Happy not so Happy Birthday for my boyfriend whom took good care of my illness all nite. We surely missed out but heading back to Boston to see the Aquarium .. Any suggestions where to eat? I think the timing was poor too bad as staff was trying to be kind but 3 hours bite too long.

• Visited December 2012