“Good Overall Value”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 645 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elliot
Transit: Harvard Square (Red Line) "T" stop.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Located in the courtyard of the Charles Hotel, our restaurant evokes the simple style of the original Legal Sea Foods that was in nearby Inman Square, Cambridge. In warmer months our outside patio reels in those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Depending on the location, I would say you may have a difference dining experience in regards to food quality.

My first visit to Legal Sea Foods was the Burlington location off Middlesex Turnpike. That experience, service and food was delicious and amazing.

Upon leaving Boston, I decided to check out the airport location prior to my flight and was somewhat disappointed as the food was delivered a little cold and wasn't as fresh.

Great value overall and would still recommend to others.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Me and some friends stopped by on a Sunday afternoon for some of their world famous chowder and a couple of beers October fest in August? Oysters were fresh plump and delicious. Swordfish was one of the best I've ever had. Bartenders were friendly and helpful. Definitely hidden away but a great little gem.

2  Thank River2012
Reviewed August 18, 2013

they have been trading on their reputation for too long- overpriced, bland food. not worth the trouble

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It did not feel or taste like a chain. The food was awesome and our waitress was helpful. I recommend this joint.

2  Thank Vinnyhall
Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a long day of moving my son into grad school and touring all over Cambridge, we needed a good meal and this restaurant hit the spot. Best seafood we have had in a long time, my wife had great scallops, my son had plank cooked fish and I had a seafood casserole, with all sorts of shrimp, crab, fish and scallops in it. We all really enjoyed the food and although a bit pricey, I'd rather pay a reasonable price and get great food.

2  Thank Jeff L