“I was skeptical of going to a seafood chain but pleasantly surprised”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 642 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elliot
Transit: Harvard Square (Red Line) "T" stop.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Located in the courtyard of the Charles Hotel, our restaurant evokes the simple style of the original Legal Sea Foods that was in nearby Inman Square, Cambridge. In warmer months our outside patio reels in those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It did not feel or taste like a chain. The food was awesome and our waitress was helpful. I recommend this joint.

2  Thank Vinnyhall

Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a long day of moving my son into grad school and touring all over Cambridge, we needed a good meal and this restaurant hit the spot. Best seafood we have had in a long time, my wife had great scallops, my son had plank cooked fish and I had a seafood casserole, with all sorts of shrimp, crab, fish and scallops in it. We all really enjoyed the food and although a bit pricey, I'd rather pay a reasonable price and get great food.

2  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ate at the outdoor location in front of the Charles Hotel. A great place to relax over appetizers and drinks and do some people-watching. I had the crab roll with potato salad. Both were good, but I think the food is overpriced. However we had a delightful waiter who was from Ireland.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ate here because it was in the hotel and I was tired after a long flight. Had the signature combo with crabcake (good), grilled shrimp (very good) and grilled scallops (flavorless and watery, like they were treated with phosphates).

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having come down from New Hampshire and lots of fresh lobster I was maybe spoiled but I found the quality of the fish here, although good, to be expensive for what we ate. Nice blackened tuna, calamari and Sam Adams. Ambiance in restaurant ok and service great.

Legal Seafoods outdoor area in Harvard square appeared to be buzzing.