“Great lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Salem, New York
“Great lunch”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were buying wine at The Wine and Cheese Cask and they suggested Casa Portugal for lunch. The page of lunch specials is quite interesting and inexpensive. I had a bowl of spaghetti topped with clams, shrimp, and a bit of fish. Martha had an octopus plate that was large enough to become a lunch on a later date. The friendly and efficient waiter brought over four bottles of wine, gave a brief synopsis of each, eventually steering us to the cheaper alternative that was quite good.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Iowa
“Genuine Portuguese”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very authentic. You could very easily imagine that you were sitting in a small café/restaurant in Lisboa or in a small town in the Algarve. Great wine selection if you truly appreciate Portuguese wines. The service was good and the food excellent.

• Visited November 2012
stoneham
“charging for a second soda”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This restaurant has excellent food and a long reputation for class. That is why i was so disappointed in the service i received at lunch. I ordered a portugeese soup and the special tuna steak along with a ginger ale. The food was very good and was enjoying the meal when the waitress asked if i needed another ginger ale. My first glass of 8 oz was still 1/4 of the way full. I said ok and she proceeded to take away my 1/4 fill glass and replace it with another 8 oz glass. When i received the bill i noticed i had been charged for 2 sodas. When i questioned the waitress about it she got angry with me. I was upsold and hustled for a glass of ginger ale. How petty. I took the cost of the second soda off the tip and then took the restaurant off of my places to dine. This waitress needs some customer service training.

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“WOW! Amazing food great price.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Highly recommend trying this place out. It tends to be pretty empty when I've been and I don't know why.

The food is absolutely unbelievable and so inexpensive!

Visited May 2013
Den Burg, The Netherlands
“Good choise!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good choise to visit this restaurant! I was working in the city for a few days and I found this place very friendly, good service and really taste food. I ordered "Dourada" and Porto wine, and they were delicious!

• Visited August 2012