“Very good dinner”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 662 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ames Street
Transit: Kendall/MIT (Red Line) “T” stop.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. It’s a scientific fact that seafood is the healthiest protein, so it’s no wonder that Legal Sea Foods located nearby MIT and a whole catch of biotech office buildings in Kendall Square would be such a popular lure. Our restaurant, steps from the Marriott Hotel and convenient to Cambridgeside Galleria shopping and the Museum of Science, reels in residents and tourists alike. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Eaten at Legal Seafood many times in several different locations. Never disappoints. Service was exceptional. Portions are large. The wood grill combo was fantastic. Very convenient to the Cambridge Marriott. A bit pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great sea food near Kendal square T and MIT. This place is a great place for dinning outside. Service was great not pricey and would visit again to try other entree on the menu.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Great restaurant that also has a nice kid's menu. Kids each receive their menus in a red netting bag that has the menu, kids drawing and brain games and crayons. Service was prompt, which helped avoid any meltdowns at the dinner table. (kids ages 10, 10 and 7).

Restaurant has a modern tasteful décor that adults would certainly enjoy. I was skeptical that it would be good for kids but it turned out to be a great choice.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my meal there very much. The crab bisque was great. The lobster dish I had was also good though not the best I've ever had.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was the second visit I have made to this restaurant and both times I have found it to be up to the high standards established by this chain. I have always been a fan of Legal as I have visited four or five locations through the years during my visits to New England. The location of this particular restaurant is very pleasant as it is in the wonderfully revitalized Cambridge City Center next to MIT. We were there for lunch on my latest visit. I was favorably impressed by the décor as it was a two-tiered arrangement with tables that were adequately spaced. Our server, Nathan, was terrific. He was very good with recommendations and laying out the best options and deals. I had the light clam chowder which was surprisingly very tasty in spite of not having the signature creamy base. I also had an excellent Tortilla Apple and Goat Cheese salad. My two colleagues had a lobster roll and crab cake, respectively. Both said their meals were excellent. The prices were not cheap but were worth the quality of the fare in my estimation. If you are in downtown Cambridge, this is a great place to try for seafood and continental options for lunch or dinner.