“Best Sangria Around”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 650 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ames Street
Transit: Kendall/MIT (Red Line) “T” stop.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. It’s a scientific fact that seafood is the healthiest protein, so it’s no wonder that Legal Sea Foods located nearby MIT and a whole catch of biotech office buildings in Kendall Square would be such a popular lure. Our restaurant, steps from the Marriott Hotel and convenient to Cambridgeside Galleria shopping and the Museum of Science, reels in residents and tourists alike. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We dined at the Legal Sea Food restaurant in Cambridge during a recent family vacation to the Boston area. Atmosphere is elegant, but comfortable and service was good. The lobster bisque was phenomenal. Probably the best I've had. I ordered stuffed shrimp for my main entree. While it was good, it had a wee bit too much "filler" for me. Next time, I'll order something different. Sides were nothing extra special - I had jasmine rice which was basic jasmine rice. The best part of the meal was the red Summer Sangria. Waitress highly recommended it - I didn't think I was a Sangria fan until I tried it. It was GREAT. Found a similar recipe online and have been making it for our summer get-togethers with rave reviews.

Would definitely return to Legal Sea Foods for another visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Legal Seafoods might be a chain, but you can't beat the quality. Their food is always fresh and always delicious. That's why they use the slogan 'If it isn't fresh, it isn't Legal." Best of all, their wine selections always pair well with the food. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal at any Legal Seafoods location.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Loved the service and food. We ate here twice on our visit. Disliked the prices! As with all chain restaurants, you pay more. However, it was always worth it!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We ate supper here over the Memorial Day weekend. The food was tasty, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was nice. We were in town to visit our son at MIT, and this restaurant was right across the street from The Kendall where we were staying. I am not a big seafood fan, so I ordered the chicken which was very good. My husband had seafood, and he said it was great. The Boston cream pie was excellent.

I enjoyed eating in this restaurant where we could visit with our son in a quiet, relaxed environment, unlike many other establishments that are noisy and make it hard to have a conversation without yelling across the table at each other. The waiter was very attentive, yet respectful of our time with our son. He did not rush us, and it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the meal. We will certainly eat here again on our next trip to Cambridge.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My son came to college in Boston 4 years ago and Legal Sea Foods, Kendall, was the very first restaurant we visited. We wanted to return since it was our last trip (at least with any regularity) since we were now in town for graduation. Our experience here was great the first time and nostalgia was running high! This time the food, especially, was such a disappointment: clam chowder was thin and runny, the wedge salad saturated with blue cheese vinaigrette and the crab cake sandwiches just so, so. The restaurant was busy and crowded and, unfortunately, understaffed. Our waiter was a nice kid, but brand new and completely overwhelmed with multiple large tables. Sigh...... Fortunately I can still find awesome clam chowder on most every street corner before I head home!