“Fun Dinner”

Frank's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 646 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rice
Transit: 77 bus to the front door from Arlington or Harvard. Red Line to Davis Square and 7 minute walk
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We decide to try one of the city’s oldest steakhouses.
Saturday night and very busy place; we sat right away.
The waitress friendly and attentive came and took our drinks order right away she offered the evening specials.
Our starter was the onion rings, one of the restaurants staples, Very good.
I had the shrimp scampi, my partner the NY Sirloin, both very good. The beef looked nice and cured and he motioned it was top quality. I do not eat red meat, but can distinguish a good cut of beef and this one was impressive.
Each entrée came a choice of 2 sides, I had salad and he had baked potato.
The atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasant and friendly everyone is welcome.
One of the few reminding old fashion places in the city with great prices, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is not haut cuisine, but it is home cooking. On this cold blustery night it was a perfect spot. We had started out for Lebanese food but Barada is closed on Sundays.
Our waitress Jennifer was great, perfect for the restaurant! She had a great scenes of humor and was great at her job. She added to the experience!
I had the loin of pork with apple sauce, butternut squash and baked potato. Bobby had the surf and turf, shrimp scampi and a filet. Both very good, both satisfying comfort foods!
We finished it off with an apple crisp ala mode. We enjoyed it all, sat and chatted, and watched an interesting cast of characters come and go!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The Prime Rib and sides were delicious. I asked for mine to be done Medium Well, and John, our waiter, wisely suggested that I get an end cut. It was great advice. I'd recommend this place because the surroundings are pleasant - the tables aren't too close together. The food was excellent, the prices were fair, and our waiter, John, was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and a joy to speak with.

1  Thank MatteSA6112
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband chose Frank's to celebrate his birthday after seeing a review on The Phantom Gourmet. It was our 1st time here and from beginning to end we had a great experience! The restaurant had a very nice ambiance and our server John was friendly and attentive! We had 6 people in our party and everyone thoroughly enjoyed there meals! My husband had the prime rib, I had the turkey dinner, with delish homemade stuffing, my daughter had the sizzler, the rest of the party had various cuts of steak! All delicious! To top it off the prices were very reasonable! I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank pmccurdy84
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great Prime Rib as well other steaks , Surf and turf.
Great Service
Great Prices
Local go here even the local PD..
Comfortable not too noisy
Been there multiple time
Only One complaint----------Parking
Front curb, small parking area in rear, and another parking area block away.. Worth The walk..

1  Thank Weevaluate