“Sit and watch world go by”
Review of Grafton Street

Grafton Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Grafton Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 642 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bow St.
Transit: Just a short walk away is the Harvard Square Red Line train stop. There are also several bus routes that empty into Harvard Square.
Description: Opened in 1996, Grafton Street Pub & Grill has been a beloved institution of Harvard Square for almost two decades. This neighborhood hotspot is named after the spirited cobblestone-lined shopping district in Dublin's famed Temple Bar area. Grafton Street deftly combines the warmth and coziness of a traditional neighborhood pub with the aesthetic of a contemporary restaurant. During the summer months, guests can enjoy al fresco dining on Grafton Street's spacious sidewalk patio. The restaurant offers full bar service and boasts a seasonally-changing wine list with over 75 varieties, as well as a robust selection of craft beers from several local breweries.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

When for lunch after walking round Harvard doing the touristy things. Food was good, we both had Flatbed Pizza's. Had a couple of craft beers and cocktails, watched the world go by as it is a calm away from the bussle of Havard Square.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

A nice place with a nice, but small menu.... good tasty food.... a nice place to stop for a beer and watch the world go by.....

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is great, but it stops there.

We were 1st given dirty water glasses - with food particles stuck on them.

I ordered a Ceasars salad which was ice cold and a bit wilted. I tried to eat it, but I stopped when I realized there was still dirt on the lettuce. I prefer all the dirt washed off my salad. My husband had the fish and chips which was quite good.

Overall a very disappointing experience.

I will not eat here again nor do I recommend this place :-/

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I have long enjoyed eating at both Grafton Street and Temple Bar (same ownership), but the Grafton Street location has long been my favorite for good people-watching as well as great food. Our recent visit was no exception. On a wonderful warm day, a nice breeze and shade was just what we wanted. Amanda really enjoyed the ginger-carrot soup, and I had the bacon mac and cheese (a short take on carbonara) and a small side salad which was all I needed for the rest of the day.

The waitstaff was very courteous, and let us take our time, enjoying the day, and cooling our heads after a hard week.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Grafton Street may look like your average student pub from the outside, but the food is surprisingly good. The restaurant seems to cater to both the students of Harvard - the university which is literally only a few steps away - and a crowd of more critical eaters. The inside is a combination of a pub and a trendy restaurant, which can also be said about the menu. For students and less adventurous people, there's some pizzas and burgers ($9 -$13) and even those look stunning. The real surprise here is the combination of flavors and presentation. A roasted beet salad ($9) does not excite very much on paper, but the way that Grafton street presented it was pure magic. The dish was visually stunning (see photo) and the combination of french feta, candied walnuts, mint, and a cumin vinaigrette was absolutely to die for. The mains are equally impressive: the one that appealed to me most was the sweet potato ravioli ($18). The ravioli was cooked to perfection and the brown butter sauce with pickled cranberries, Parmesan, crispy sage and hazelnuts really elevated this dish. Although the meal was very satisfying, curiosity made me also want to order the rosemary truffle frites ($5). Although they were slightly too salty, they proved again that the chef really knows how to make flavors come together and how to provide a new twist to known dishes. Well worth a visit when going to Harvard.