“Rather dull”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Many years ago this was the go to Indian restaurant in Cambridge. It was a bit of a hole in the wall but was funky. Went last week and found that a couple of years ago has been enlarged, renovated and was now very bland looking and completely lacking in atmosphere.

Service was friendly and efficient. It may be that we chose badly but all the dishes came in the same sauce. The spices in each dish pretty much tasted the same. The portions were a good size and in the end the food was OK, but to be honest rather disappointing.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The food is average, the buffet choices decent. Try the kebab platter. Service isn't the best, our order was served wrong.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I went here for dinner this past Saturday night. While the food was very good, the servers were inattentive and the food took a very long time to be served. I would recommend for takeout, but not sit-in.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I like this place ok, but would like it a great deal more if the food reflected the prices. It has been hit and miss since the grand re-opening and for the relatively high prices, the service and food should be top notch. We have been served food we didn't order but eaten it anyway because we had waited so long to be served. Other dishes that were more successful but not fantastic: palak paneer, black lentil dhal, aloo ghobi, etc.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

As someone who greatly enjoys Indian food, it was a pleasure to find a restaurant in Cambridge that purported to serve it. Sadly it didn't live up to its name... I decided to go for one of my favourites - Tandoori Chicken, Tarka Dhall and Peshwari Naan. The Tandoori chicken was undercooked and tasted off, the Tarka Dhall was dark brown (first time I have ever seen it this colour) and tasted like Mexican refried beans (there did seem to be a hispanic chef in the kitchen so maybe he hadn't been trained on what Tarka Dhall is) and the naan was crispy, chewy and hard. my partner's chicken dopiaza was bland. All in all not a very edifying expeirence and we won't be back.