“Cool place, good food”

Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sacramento
Transit: Red Line to Harvard Square. West Side Lounge is a five to ten minute walk north on Mass. Ave.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had dinner at the West Side Lounge on Saturday night. We had reservations and were seated right away. It was 7pm and not that busy, our waiter was attentive and apps and food were great. I liked the mix of things on the menu as I ended up with brussel sprouts for an app and the BBQ Pork dinner. It came with a mix of pork skewers, corn on the cob, and potatoes. My fiance had the scallops which I tried and were also very good. I'd go back if we are in the area again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in with 2 daughters as we passed by. The wait staff were friendly & professional. The food was awesome, lots of choices. I recommend the Brussels sprouts app, so good! You can eat big or small according to your appetite & have a rewarding experience. We were there on a warm sunny late afternoon. Restaurant opens up to the sidewalk with additional seating outside. A really comfortable place to dine.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

think this place on has peaked out. cocktails still great, atmosphere still okay, but food not so much anymore. tummy the morning after says everything. too bad. always liked coming here.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Short Review: I've been here a few times over the past couple of years. The menu seems to have flatlined or lost imagination or ?

The prices are definitely high for the "output" and though the food is basically sound, the are only a couple of degrees of separation between it and good "bar food".

...The place has the best all around vibe of any place in Cambridge though; minimal TVs and usually great music, and good service.

Im stuck between three and four stars..the place is a 4 but the food is a 3 (Good).

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went with a friend. Atmosphere was very comfortable and inviting. Waitstaff was friendly, very helpful, and accommodating. Prices were reasonable.

My friend recommended an Old Fashion. A drink that has made a comeback since " Mad Men ".
I was surprised. It was very good. Substituted sugar for honey.

The bread arrived with a nice Olive Oil, garlic and spiced accompaniment.

We both had the Steak Frites , sliced marinated skirt steak, hand-cut fries with garlic aioli, and seared greens. Very tasty and made just right. Had the Brussel Sprouts as an appetizer which was also very good.

A very nice restaurant for many occasions. Was there around 5:45 pm.