“Good Food. Great nacho chips and drinks.”
Review of Border Cafe

Border Cafe
Ranked #3 of 645 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Southwestern, Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Busy atmosphere. Good food (great fajitas). Very good service with drinks being refilled just as they are finishing and before you can ask. All their margaritas are very good to excellent. I would stick to the basic margarita though as the best value for an excellent drink. Another tip. Avoid eating too many of the nack chips - if you can - because they are amazing.
This place also is an excellent choice for drinks and nachos if you enjoy busy loud atmospheres.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This large restaurant accommodates a lot of people. You get fresh, warm chips and some pretty good salsa. I got the seafood enchiladas because of a tripadvisors tip. And I want to pass it along to you. It has a cajun favor that reminded me of Lafayatte, LA. You have got to try it. If I am ever back at the Harvard square. I know one place I'm going to go to eat! Loved it.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were searching for a quick lunch while visiting Harvard. This popular place is just around the corner from Harvard Square and we decided to try it out on the spur of the moment without having read any reviews.
Casual friendly service and very tasty food. I had a burger and my wife had the seafood enchilladas. We split the dishes 50/50 and both were excellent. In an expensive city it was also very reasonable. Would definately recommend for an informal meal.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Terrific atmosphere, colorful decoration, pretty noisy, and crowded. Thought with all the noise and the large crowd that I would be in for something special. The only thing special, I found out, was the price. Food was so, so. I had the bean and cheese empinada, and it was mostly flaky pastry, little inside. All it made me want to do is drink more Margarita. An therein lies where they must make their money. Margaritas come in a shallow glass and there's not much in it. And while they give you a large enough variety for tequilas, my wife and I were a bit disappointed in how salty hours tasted. None of our crowd of 6 were overwhelmed, but at $8-$11/meal its sure to please some crowds.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Not the place to go for a quiet conversation or low-cal food, but if you are in the mood for yummy cheesy shrimpy goodness next to a giant Margarita (about 99 kinds available) this is for you!