“Great food if you have time to wait for it”
Review of Veggie Planet - CLOSED

Veggie Planet
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Food is great especially when there are not really a lot of veggie places in Boston. I have gluten and dairy allergies so I love the fact that I can get something on a bowl of rice as opposed to a pizza. If you cannot sit it the large side room due to there being a show going on or some other reason prepare to feel very cramped and often to have to wait for a table. The place is tiny and seems understaffed because everyone is always rushing around so if you're standing around waiting for takeout you feel like you're in the way. Blonde on blonde over coconut rice is my favorite, the unique menu and great food make it worth the wait, but they frequently get orders wrong multiple times so sometimes it's only just barely worth it.

PS. to the reviewer complaining that the croutons were curiously spongy as though they were made of styrofoam, they are actually fried TOFU croutons. (I happen to like them very much especially since I cannot eat wheat).

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We keep coming back at Veggie planet for the Sunday brunch. DE LI CIOUS!
Soups always combine seasonal vegetables and tasty spices.
I LOVE their huge waffles which are served with REAL mapple syrup, although I'd like to get more fruits in my plate (since the menu announces it).
We don't have to wait for refills because there is a self-serve table where we can choose among gourmet coffees and teas. Their orange juice tastes like if was hand-pressed: soooooooo good!

The staff is efficient and smiling even when the place is full.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We enjoyed music at Passim many years ago and looked forward to trying their vegetarian lunch menu. The mac and cheese was average. However, the croutons on the caesar salad were curiously spongy, as though they were made of styrofoam. The roasted vegetable plate looked like it was plated by a toddler. The soup of the day was acceptable but the salad of the day was very soggy. I expected more from a place that advertises itself as vegetarian. There was no table service, and the bathroom was gross. We were disappointed; you can do better than this place.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I accompanied some vegan friends to this trendy Cambridge diner for dinner Friday. It has a fun, clean atmosphere and a varied menu...if you're not a meat eater. I don't eat meat at every meal, but I'm not a fan of processed meat substitutes so I focused on the omelettes. I ordered the Mass Ave omelet, which sounded tasty with cream cheese, sauteed scallions, cheddar cheese, and sweet potato mash. This was my error. I assumed the sweet potato mash was a side dish. Oh no. It was IN the omelette. And this is my issue with vegetarian places: they often combine ingredients without regard to flavor profile. In no universe do eggs, cream cheese, scallions and sweet potatoes go together! Had it been a side dish I would have been ecstatic, but not inside my omelet. My friends loved their salad and faux Reubens and fun was had by all but it will be a long time before I get the taste of that omelet out of my mind...

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is the old Passims or rather the new Passims. so there is live music here along with food. the food is good, but a limited menu. that's fine. you will find something to eat and have a good experience.