“No Dr. Brown ??????”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A good deli must carry Dr. Brown sodas. Specifically, they must carry Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray.
The chicken\rice soup was good as was chopped liver sandwich.
I wasn't blown away. I guess I have to get back to the lower east side.

There are newer reviews for S&S Restaurant

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I schedule regular catered lunches and daily orders with S&S for my company. The service is usually stellar and responsiveness to mistakes is extremely good. Our office has about 120 people to feed, and everyone loves the quality and variety of food S&S provides. Recently we had a lunch of assorted kabobs, rice, salads and cookies. My office LOVED this food so much that I am sure we'll bring S&S back to do this same lunch again in the near future. The assortment of salads, sandwiches and hot entrees means there's something for everyone.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Loved the pastrami and Swiss! Great potato skins too...
The waitress was a bit slow, but efficient. Stick to the classic deli choices!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

A wonderful breakfast. I will be coming back the next time I visit Boston. My wife had a delicious crab cake eggs benedict and I had an equally pleasing eggs sandwich on a croissant roll. Great coffee. I would of given it 4 stars but I wasn't crazy about the homefries. To soft and mushy.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've had a warm spot for S&S for decades, as (1) it's got genuine atmosphere, (2) it's in my neighborhood, making it very convenient, and (3) it's had some very good offerings, at least in the past. However, my recent breakfast there scraped the bottom of the barrel, both taste-wise and in other respects. First, the spoon was visibly dirty; I asked the server for a replacement, which was never brought. Second, the pancakes, which usually are very good (despite the lamentable substitution of sugar water for real maple syrup; when I remember, I bring my own bottle), were soggy on the inside, suggesting undercooking, and had a vague, troubling sourness. Third, the wilted lettuce leaf that is added to the plates does nothing whatsoever to enhance the food; it's time that S&S cease and desist this dubious practice. Finally: for the entire meal, I kept returning my gaze to a nearby ceiling vent, as it appeared to be caked with dust, directly over a table! I got a closer look on leaving and decided that this may have been *only* tarnished metal; still, it looks awful (and dust-like). I really hope S&S will get its act together. It will probably be around *forever*, irregardless, but I'm not sure how many more meals like this one I'd want to put up with.