“Good but overpriced food”
Review of Rialto - CLOSED

Rialto
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eliot Street
Transit: Red Line to the Harvard Square T Stop.
Description: Rialto is a welcoming gathering place for the community and Charles Hotel guests. James Beard award-winning chef and owner Jody Adams embraces New England ingredients with regional Italian culinary traditions. Kitchen focus hops to a different region each month and features dishes like Ricotta gnocchi with sage brown butter and red kuri squash and our Grilled swordfish with Friulian bean stew, white wine braised cabbage and house cured bacon. Patrons enter the restaurant via a white stone path inspired by an ancient Roman road, passing by the illuminated onyx bar into the dining room. Curved banquettes and cozy nooks invite intimate conversation while pumpkin, olive and white draperies evoke the warm colors of the Italian countryside. In 2009, Rialto opened a 28-seat terrace offering guests an al fresco dining option. The Boston Globe awarded Rialto a coveted four stars in three consecutive reviews and Gourmet Magazine named it one of the "World's Top Hotel Restaurants". Rialto offers two classically elegant, private spaces, ideal for wedding receptions, business meetings, recruiting events, celebratory parties, and more.
Edina, Minnesota, United States
“Good but overpriced food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Ive been to Rialto many times. I think it's ok. It is far away from being the best place in Cambridge
I like the atmosphere. I think service is spotty with most of my issue again with hostess. I've had in Nov a woman who bent over backwards to help , where previous times I could have died there and been bypassed .
As a hotel guest, I think food should be served later into the evenings. Given they charge for the hotel rooms based on their conferences and activities at the College, they should provide a place to eat after the activities end.
Overall , it is a good restaurant for a hotel.

• Visited November 2012

Windsor, CO
“good, but pricey food”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was a hotel guest and ate here after arriving to the hotel late after a delayed flight and did not have a reservation. Enjoyed our meal off the bar menu, but really the meal was overpriced for the food. Service was below average.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank ColoWheeler
Boston
“Harvard Square haute ?”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Looking to enjoy a great meal on a chilly December eve before Revels, four of us dined at the Charles Hotel's Rialto. This is an upscale establishment boasting regional New England cuisine with an Italian influence. I considered the food to be good, and two of my guests thought it excellent. The Italian influence is frankly subtle, so don't come expecting pizza . A pleasing atmosphere and good but not great service. A filet mignon special arrived on the cool side, which was disappointing. This would be 3 star review, we're it not for my guests who were more pleased. I assume the celebrity chef had the night off.

2 Thank Gyrfalcn
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Rialto is the Best!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to Rialto last night with another couple -- to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, etc. We had an excellent meal -- I had bricked chicken, E. had short ribs, J. had lasagne, Jo had duck -- and all of these were amazing! I probably should have skipped the dessert -- a chocolate volcano -- but it was truly delicious. E. had a ricotta/ravioli/chocolate sauce, gelato -- also over the top! And the service was friendly, timely, polite -- whatever you could ask for. A great evening! The bar where I waited for the others to arrive is a little noisy, but the table we were brought to was quiet -- even secluded! -- and we were not rushed at all.

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great environment”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A place that takes care of the details. Everything it serves seemed carefully prepared. Prices on the up side but worth the visit.