“Best birthday”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Best birthday”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

They were amazing there. Got a groupon for 30 bucks. Two lobsters 4 sides and a shrimp cocktail!!! They sung for my BF's birthday!He was soooo red! They were very nice and the waitress Mara even offered to draw on the map to help us find great spots!
I will definitely go back,groupon or not!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank LadyThanata

“What's the hype”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Sure this place is inexpensive, but you do get what you pay for. The service was inconsistent, as was the food. The soup (seafood bisque) was tasty, but my scallops were barely edible. I was just underwhelmed and felt that I could get more impressive seafood from many other establishments in Boston. Definitely a pass next time. Also - remember to bring change to feed the parking meters.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Westchestertravel
Cambridge
“A reliably good place”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Dolphin has improved it's decor over the years, as has Legal Seafood, but it has not gotten as expensive as Legal and is still a favorite with locals. Just outside of Harvard Square as you go toward Central, it is easy to miss, but should not be.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Paula M
New York City, New York
“Excellent and diverse menu for fish lovers”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Dolphin Seafood's exterior doesn't do justice to the quality of food it serves. It sits on the second floor corner of a commercial community, which suggests 'non-descript'. The food is anything but non-descript. We were in the mood for lobster rolls, and particularly at lunch, the price is ridiculously low for the plate you are served. Our lobster rolls were perfectly seasoned - not too much mayonnaise - and very tasty with nice chunks of lobster meat inside a warm, toasted bun. Served with french fries, which were a little more oily than I'd hoped for, but tasted great when combined with the lobster roll. The cole slaw was good, nothing crazy. But cole slaw couldn't compete anyway with the lobster roll. I'll be going back to Dolphin Seafood when I'm back in Cambridge next month. Set aside a lobster roll and a Sam Adams beer for me. Yum!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Alexandra S
Chelsea, Michigan
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Although I had thought I might try this restauarant someday, it happened this week when the shuttle driver said the streets were crowded with returning students, but he could drop me right in front of the Dolphin. I ordered the grilled swordfish which was underwhelming. No marindade or side sauce, although the portion was most generous. The side dish was a dull rice pilaf and I also ordered a caesar salad. The price was reasonable, but it just was a dull, boring presentation and taste. This just confirms my preference for Legal Seafoods.
I will mention though that the staff were friendly and helpful and even with the white tablecloths/napkins, it has more of a cafe feel to it. probably won't go back.

• Visited August 2012