“Excellent food and prices, with a little dose of Bollywood videos too”

Punjabi Dhaba Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 641 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here for lunch on a Saturday and among the four of us we ate the Bengan Bartha, two Masala Dosas, and an Aloo Naan. All were extremely good, and the sambar (soup that accompanies the dosa) was fantastic. My Bengan Bartha was excellent overall, but it had raw green bell peppers in it; I ate a few and them moved the rest aside.

I see that another reviewer mentioned upstairs seating. I'm surprised that none of the staff mentioned it to us, because we were standing as we waited for our food to be ready, since all the tables were taken. But luckily just as the last tray was delivered, a table opened up and we were able to sit and eat. When we were there, some Bollywood music videos were playing, and we enjoyed watching them. :-) I'd be happy to go there again any time.

There are newer reviews for Punjabi Dhaba Restaurant

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Don't be fooled by the small space when you enter, there is quality at work here. Punjabi dhaba's no frills dining experience is one I go back for again and again. Great saag paneer, and everything else other guests tried got good reviews. There is more seating upstairs, so even when the line is out the door (and yes, this actually happens) you can usually still find a spot. If you go at peak take-out time (around 7:30pm) expect to wait about 10 minutes before placing your order, but it will so be worth it.
Bonus: they are open until midnight.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I enjoyed the jerk chicken which was listed as very very spicy, I would say it was just spicy. It came with Naan and rice along with some picked vegetable of some sort and red onion. My husband had chicken mushroom marsala, something he has had before, he is a resident and occasionally works at Cambridge hospital down the street. The portions are huge, we both had our lunch and saved half for dinner and a good value. Beware they only take cash, sometimes a problem as I hardly ever carry cash, but husband knew ahead of time so we were able to plan for this. Agree with previous reviews the ambiance is not excellent here just little tables where you can sit and eat, but not an all together welcoming place overall. They do have a menu that explains what each dish is on the menu board, if you arent sure what each dish is comprise of just ask for this sheet.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you are looking for a quick and easy lunch that tastes great and costs little, you've found your place! It really reminded me of some restaurants I visited in Northern India. There is more seating upstairs, a detail not necessarily evident upon first glance.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed the Goat Curry Vindaloo, Lamb Curry and the Chicken Tikka Masala. Entrees came with chutney, raita and some with naan. We also tried the samosa all were absolutely fantastic. I am a chef but not of Indian extraction and have prepared a great deal of Northern Indian Cuisine over the past 10 years and the food here is amongst the best that I or my family has ever had. A must if you are in Cambridge (Inman Square). It is as the name describes much like a road side food stand. Especially good for take-out.