“Great food and good atmosphere, but service is always slow.”
Review of Bambara Cambridge

Bambara Cambridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bambara Cambridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 650 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 28 (McGrath Highway)
Transit: Green Line to Lechmere, or Red Line to Kendall Square
Description: Nestled on the Charles River Canal, Bambara is right where you need it: close to MIT, Tech Square, the Museum of Science, and adjacent to Hotel Marlowe. Here, Chef David Bazirgan’s menu finds inspiration from his experiences and exploration of different cuisines and flavor profiles, focusing on hyperlocal and seasonal ingredients. You’ll encounter tastes from around the globe, while enjoying our singnature hospitality and carefully curated beverage program. The Mediterranean-inspired cuisine finds its perfect match with our exceptional service and our vibrant, welcoming atmosphere. Bambara is open Monday thru Sunday for breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, and private dining.
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Food is great here. I wish the service would come close in comparison. We had a party of 5 on a late Saturday afternoon. Restaurant was not busy. It took almost 15 minutes to get our drinks and another 10 to even place our food orders.

I've heard similar sentiments from other people in the area. I wish they would figure out the issues with the service to make it a great restaurant.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I went here with some co-workers for lunch on a Tuesday. There was plenty of room, no wait for a table. We all ordered a "Power Lunch" which was very generous in portion and had great choices. I opted for the Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese combo - comfort food much?! While I could have saved half of the sandwich to nibble on later, it was so tasty that i finished it all. A decision I was later regretting back at my desk for another three hours, but that's on me; not them! ;-)

It's a convenient location, I do wonder if you can access it from the Cambridgeside mall though. Parking there would be inexpensive and accessible as opposed to valeting it at Hotel Marlowe.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to Bambara for a work-lunch, and we all got the Power Lunch - which includes an appetizer and entree, and at the end they give you a cookie and coffee (or tea) to go, all for about $16. There were lots of great options and we all enjoyed our lunches. They easily accommodated our party of 9, the service was good, and the portions were generous. The only thing is they don't validate garage parking or their valet.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We ate lunch here after arriving in town. The bisque was the memorable item we had. The entrees were average but also not overly priced. As far as hotel restaurants go, Bambara is far above average.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were not planning on staying but after a glass of wine at the bar we stayed for dinner. Display kitchen...variety of quick nicely presented items....only downer was the fish and chips served snow cone style with a base (all) french fries...beer battered...about 1 ounce of fish. Mike the bartender was new and did a fine job.

1  Thank Generalmanager501