“Great value.”

Rangzen Tibetan Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 664 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Tibetan
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The attentive staff made this restaurant. The food portions were large enough to share which made this visit great value for money. All in all a very good meal (my first experience of Tibetan food) and great service.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We came here on a Saturday night and had no problem being seated. This was our first time eating Tibetan food, so we tried a little bit of everything -- dumplings, an eggplant dish, chicken curry, shrimp with vegetables, etc. I can only describe it as a mixture of Indian, Chinese and Thai food ... but it was tasty and filling. We were also happy with the cheap drinks.

That being said, I didn't think the place was as fantastic as the reviews claim. It was nice to try something different, but I wasn't wowed enough to probably return.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good food, good atmosphere, good service, lots of variety. I've had the lunch buffet as well as dinner and both were great.

Dinner was exquisite: eggplant and potato curry with rice. I say exquisite because this is something I have searched for the world over and rarely found: a dish from the region that tastes light and fresh, like we eat back home. No cream, lots of flavor (not the standard 3-flavor recipe in most restaurant food abroad), good ingredients. This is the type of food you feel happy while eating and for a long time afterwards. A+

The buffet offers a wonderful selection with stir fries and curries. The day I was there it was noodles, rice, 2 types of soups, chicken (curry and stir fry), vegetables, beef with vegetables, an array of salads (fruit and veg), pickles, 2 types of breads, tea and more, but you get the picture! I wish there were more of the lighter, fresh veggie dishes like I had at dinner, but this might just be my personal taste.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Based on the reviews I had high expectations that unfortunately were dashed. The place is casual and somewhat attractive inside, could be a bit better, but fine.

I started with bread with minced meat inside that was quite good. Came out hot and included 2 sauces one tomato based and mild and a spicier cilantro sauce. I loved the spicier sauce and things started well.

I had a chicken stir fry type dish which I thought was way too oily and not too flavorful. I expected it to be a bit healthy. Didn't feel that was the case. Maybe I tried the wrong thing but the chicken seemed quite fatty and that would be the same in all chicken meals.

Service was fine and very polite, but not attentive. I had a glass of wine and would have had another if anyone ever asked. Money left on the table, gotta make those add on sales. And I like to drink so it would be easy.

The bread pushed it over from 2.5 to 3, but I doubt I would return just for bread. Sorry, because I wanted to find a new place when in town.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

you would not believe the food in this place. if you were blindfolded and brought here, you could swear you are in tibet!
the food is very tasty, good size portions and very inexpensive. Please try their buttery/spicy sweet tea after meal. you may or may not love it but it is unique!!

Thank mad.nomad