“Good food in a crowded, hectic, noisy envirornment”
Review of East Coast Grill - reopened - CLOSED

East Coast Grill - reopened
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect St
Transit: Cambridge St @ Prospect St (69) Cambridge St @ Hampshire St (69) Cambridge St @ Springfield St (69)
Acton, Massachusetts
“Good food in a crowded, hectic, noisy envirornment”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great menu with a variety of unique drinks, appetizers and entrees. Service was good. When one of our six appetizers did not arrive within a few minutes of the others we flagged down the server who apologetically got a replacement and informed us there would not be a charge for it. All of the food was extraordinary and well prepared with the exception of a steak.The steak was ordered medium but arrived truly rare. It was sent back and a while later arrived charred, tough and tasteless. The restaurant is relatively small, densely packed crowded and quite noisy. At least on this Saturday night it would not seem ideal for family or romantic conversation and might be overwhelmingly noisy for children. Still, we will likely return for the fantastic food, just would go on a quieter (hopefully) day or time, rather than a Saturday night.

• Visited February 2014

Hicksville, NY
“Excellent! Love this place has a great menu!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place is adorable! Loved it! Great Menu- had mahi mahi, steak, plaintins and duck salad. It was all good great service as well!

Visited January 2014
Essex
“Don't confuse with East Side Bar and Grill”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

After asking a cab driver to take us to East Grill on Cambridge st, because we'd seen brilliant reviews, we ended up here at East Side Grill. After looking at the menu we realised we were in the wrong place because confusingly East Cost Grill and East Side Bar and Grill are both on Cambridge st. We thought we'd stay anyway and give it a try.

I must be honest and say the whole place looked quite run down. But the main problem was the food. I ordered the dry rubbed rib platter. The menu said it would be a sweet sauce but I found it quite spicy. The ribs were very fatty, the beans were like mush and the coleslaw tasted off.

My friend ordered the mahi mahi, which was average and accompanied by rice, which was also just mush.

I did tell the waitress I found my ribs spicy, and she kindly removed them from the bill. The service was good, but because the food was so bad I can't rate it anything more than terrible.

Unfortunately it was our last night in Boston, so was a real disappointment, but hopefully we'll come back some day and try the East Coast Grill!

• Visited January 2014
US
“food was okay but not what I aspected for the money”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The food was okay but not really worth the money.
The only thing I really liked is their corn bread, which was awesome.
All in all I wouldn´t go there fir food again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NSPF
New York City, New York
“Generous Portions of Savory Dishes”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

East Coast Grill really impressed me. The atmosphere is very laid back and festive, and the food has a similar style as well. The portions are generous and the dishes are all really well prepared. My fish was incredibly moist and the mango salsa on top was an excellent touch. The sides were perfectly seasoned and were a nice change of pace from the traditional mashed potatoes and coleslaw. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited November 2013