“Beautiful and cozy with great hot chocolate.”

L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 48 Coffee & Tea in Cambridge
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The cafe portion or L.A. Burdick Chocolate is temporarily closed for renovations but our chocolate retail is open.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The only thing I've ever ordered here was hot chocolate, but it was quite wonderful.

The atmosphere is very charming, with lots of wood and a cozy feel. It can be a bit small and hard to find a table, but that's only to be expected.

1  Thank ii2yeah

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great for dessert and hot chocolate on a chilly night. Too crowded to get a table but the staff was very nice- even for take-out.

1  Thank R L
Reviewed April 3, 2013

L. A. Burdick is a small little shop with decadent sweets, amazing hot chocolate and other drinks, and a cute atmosphere. Unfortunately, the place is super small, and the staff is diligent about kicking people out when there is no space. The "local law" sign is extremely off-putting in such a cute place, and the option of not sipping espresso or hot chocolate by the serving table is not ideal. Furthermore, the entitled locals - knowing that the place is small - sit and read their newspapers here. I'm sure they stay longer at peak hours just to annoy people and boost their sense of entitlement. With that said, me and my partner were lucky to snatch a small table to enjoy our decadent sweets. I ordered one of the expensive special hot chocolates - and it took a long time to drink! Excellently prepared, and it actually wasn't too hot (which I like). So thick and frothy, and made with a lovely dark chocolate. I enjoyed the bitterness, but I'm sure I gained 3 pounds. The hazelnut orange cake could have been a bit warmer and more moist, but the other cake (forget the name, sorry!) was perfect.

1  Thank ughughCO
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stopped by for some hot chocolate and tried the dark and milk varieties. Both were outstanding. Oe of the best dark chocolate I have ever had. The pastries looked great although we did not try any. The small was enough chocolate for any one person. I would only get the large if you are sharing. Costly but worth it.

1  Thank vacationisfun_8
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Chaotic seating policy because of law I was told but I thought it could have been handled better. You either Q up and have to order items to go which can be changed to sit in if a table becomes free or else someone holds a place for you, difficult if you are solo traveller. That said the hot chocolate was fantastic though the gugloof (sorry probably spelt incorrectly) was a little dry. The nougart I bought to take away was very good.

2  Thank Nicola B