“Just right”

L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 37 Coffee & Tea in Cambridge
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The cafe portion or L.A. Burdick Chocolate is temporarily closed for renovations but our chocolate retail is open.
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I am a fussy hot chocolate drinker. Milk base, not to thin, not to thick, not too sweet!!!! My house milk choc was just right :-) maybe a tad on the sweet side, but the distinct and pure milk choc taste made up for that. Very easy to drink and savour, with a yummy little macaroon on the side! Well worth a visit when in harvard if you are a hot choc or choc lover.

2  Thank NZJanet
There are newer reviews for L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates

Reviewed January 6, 2013

In all honesty, I want to rate this lower, but I cn't because of how AMAZING the white hot chocolate was. I have never had anything like that sweet, delicious, hot yumminess. I was in pure heaven as I sipped my hot chocolate and thought about the holidays! The place was packed with last minute shoppers and people who were just there to enjoy the chocolate.

The downside tot his visit was the very sarcastic, very rude, very hostile barista.I was hungry and asked about croissants. She informed me they were out of croissants so I asked for pain au chocolat. She then said to me, "I said we are all out of croissants!" Her reaction was unnecessary because the attitude behind it was so awful and off-putting. Listen, dearie! Croissants and chocolate croissants are two different things! You didn't say you were out of chocolate croissants, you said you were out of regular croissants. After that incident, I felt a little put off, but I tried to remain positive. I was then rushed by her to pay and make up my mind even though there were no customers behind me. She looked as if she didn't want to be there and was simply rude. It could have realy ruined my experience, but the hot chocolate came out and all was right with the world!

1  Thank Tony J
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I couldn't imagine how good this hot chocolate might be reading all the wonderful reviews until I went. This is high quality drinkable European chocolate that is the perfect temperature in the perfect mugs. We got the dark, which was richer and a little less sweet and the milk but both were incredible! Pure heaven! An absolute must when you are in Harvard square, especially on a wintery night to warm the soul. Allow plenty of time for a wait and you have to be patient to get a table they are first come first serve. A must see in Cambridge!

1  Thank aliciastansbury
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a date, and was blown away by how good the hot chocolate is. Glad this place isnt within walking distance, because aid be obese! So delicious. The line is a little long, and the guy who rang me up wasnt very engaged, but that all becomes an after thought once your lips touch that chocolatey deliciousness! You have to go!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had a voice coach who always said "never drink a Burdick's hot chocolate before class." That's because it's so creamy, chocolaty and the perfect balance of milk and chocolate that it makes it hard for you to sing after drinking it. A small is the perfect size and no need for dessert to accompany it...it's a dessert in itself and very very rich. Such an indulgence and makes you feel comfy and cozy all over.