“delicious treat”
Review of Craigie on Main

Craigie on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Craigie on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St. and Mass. Ave
Transit: Central Square T Stop, the No. 1 bus at the Main Street stop
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great little Frech restaurant. Staff was well trained and very pleasnt. Everyone really knew their stuff. We had dinner at the bar. Was cozy. Bartender was versed in drinks and menu to a tee. Went on a Saturday night. I recommend reservations. Had fresh raw oysters. Bone marrow and toast special. Grass fed tenderloin. Had orange blossom and honey beignets. I highly recommend. I little expensive but is great for a night when you are ready for a special treat.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I guess I just don't get it. I have dined at Craigie more than once, having ordered their "signature" dishes as well as other entrees and apps. The pork 3 ways was ordinary. I would prefer ribs and pork at a good BBQ place, such as Redbones in Somerville, or many of the dives I enjoyed throughout the south. The roasted chicken for 2 was, well, just a roasted chicken. The wine list is excellent but pricey.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have now been here twice. Once for a regular dinner and the other for a special event "The road less travelled". Both instances, we enjoyed our meal- high calibre cooking with interesting flavors and great atmosphere to go with it. We have spent the last year and half since moving from NYC to the greater Boston area trying to find comparable quality meals. Toro, Bondir, Harvest, Ten Tables, No. 9 Park etc have been okay. Craigie and Dali (tapas place in Cambridge) have been the only two which stayed with us.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The pig tails were amazing ! The atmosphere by the bar was great. The restaurant is quaint with an open kitchen (quite interesting to observe the owner-chef and his staff). The bar has a great assortment of drinks and a great wine selection. The food was delicious.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading an article in the boston magazine I thought it was a bar to visit. The restaurant was way out of my price range so got a seat at the bar, really helpful bar staff matched my description of what I liked best to something on the wine list. We had a look at the menu we were given, no theoretically sublime hamburgers in sight. People were eating them so I think you had to be in the know and just ask. They did look and smell good! It was really chilled out and relaxed at the bar, an easy place to hang out for a few hours. No one tried to move us on even though we ate nothing and drank little. Its well worth a trip.