“Not cheap, but worth the experience!”
Review of Craigie on Main

Craigie on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Craigie on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 634 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St. and Mass. Ave
Transit: Central Square T Stop, the No. 1 bus at the Main Street stop
“Not cheap, but worth the experience!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a delicious meal for 6 co-workers. The service was outstanding, but the sommelier didn't do the best wine recommendations. The atmosphere was impeccable and the food was just amazing. We had a variety of dishes from oysters and octopus to sirloin and swordfish. You could pick the fixed price menu and choose from a wide range of dishes or just pick the tasting menu for all the table.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Special!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a cute little restaurant and it's one of the best around. Bring your appetite. The service is attentive and the food is interesting and excellent.

Visited January 2012
Massachusetts
“Overpriced for bistro setting, just ok food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I wanted to feel good about spending over $200 for the 2 of us for dinner, but I just didn't get what all the hype was about -the atmosphere was more casual than expected, with an open (loud and frenetic) kitchen, ok service, and a limited, very pricey menu.
For a special occasion dinner experience, I'd recommend Meritage or Rialto over Craigie on Main any day.

Brookline
“Not cheap I'm pretty sure it's worth it!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped here for a drink and a snack before a night out on Central Square. It was wonderful. The service was exemplary. The open kitchen was fascinating to watch. The food was creative and intriguing. The wine was excellent.

We didn't have the full dinner - and I'm not sure if the portion sizes would have seemed worth the investment based on what I saw walk past me. That said; it seemed to vary wildly depending on what you ordered. So, I think if I ordered carefully; I would find this to be a memorable meal and an experience I would look forward to repeating.

Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

After reading all of the wonderful reviews I finally got to try this restaurant. Mixed reviews from our group from "love it" to "its OK". The brunch menu was varied and interesting - after hearing about the burgers I had to have one. My wife had the spaghetti with egg, my daughter had the grilled cheese sandwich with 3 meats and my son in law also had the burger. My wife and daughter loved their meal - the burger eaters weren't so impressed. "Good not Great" perfectly cooked medium but on the dry side. It just didn't have a lot of flavor - not to mention my son-in-law got a piece of plastic in his burger.........Wait staff was efficient but a little stuffy (no menu until everyone was seated). Sunday parking was a mess and I had to park 5 blocks away after I dropped the rest of the party off. They would not give them a menu until I arrived. Over all a very good rating - not the best restaurant ever !

• Visited October 2012