“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Craigie on Main

Craigie on Main
Ranked #14 of 625 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St. and Mass. Ave
Transit: Central Square T Stop, the No. 1 bus at the Main Street stop
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Chef doesn't want to be known for his burger so only does 18/night and only served in the bar- 11 seats.

But wow- that burger was freaking delicious! Tops the chart! Served with wedge French fries and a salad too.

Definitely get there early to get one of the 18!

Delray Beach, Florida
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Sublime! Simply sublime: the food (love making for the taste buds) and the service (disarmingly nice).

We had the Chef's signature and it was a true journey. Sublime: the build up of flavors, the sequence of dishes and the artsy presentation... don't miss the experience!

Sublime!

1 Thank Vera B
Dallas, Texas
“Unusual, upscale food, but casual vibe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I like to try new foods, but if someone told me I'd be trying lamb's tongue, I'd say - "not so fast!" But I did, and it was very tasty. That's Craigie on Main in a nutshell. Come in jeans for food you'd normally have to dress up for. The waitstaff is superb, the wine list is really reasonable, and unlike a lot of places, there are quite a few good half bottle selections. On top of that, Chef Tony comes by to introduce a dish and is very unpretentious. There is a reason a dozen people were already waiting when the door opened at 5:30pm!

Boston
“A peak experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

There's little I can add to the many rave reviews Craigie on Main has garnered. The service is great and unpretentious. The food is truly sublime. This is my 2nd visit. Last night was their version of restaurant week (higher in price, but heavily discounted off their regular price) where they offered "Chef's Whim". Your choice of 4 or 6 courses where Chef blows you away. We opted for the 6 - we were stuffed! But mostly, we were in love - with the creative surprises that slam dunked themselves with their delivery of taste experience. Hooray for Craigie on Main.

NY/NJ
“Good but not perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

While I personally totally enjoyed the meal, the only reason I didn't give this five stars was some miscommunication with the waitstaff. Upon being seated and asking about the tasting menu, we specifically asked if there was a lot of fish involved as my wife isn't big on fish. We were told, we start with fish and move on, we just a few fish dishes. Out of the 8 courses, 4 ended up being fish and my wife wasn't totally pleased. If we knew if was going to be half fish, we probably wouldn't have done the tasting menu but ordered off the main menu. As far as the food, it was great and I'd definately return, I'd just ask a little more specifically about the dishes next time.