“Expected better food and service”
Review of EVOO

EVOO
Reserve with OpenTable
EVOO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 636 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: Red Line - Kendall Square
Boston, MA
“Expected better food and service”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Have bad luck with highly advertized restaurants lately where I expect more and get much less. Service was below average, all dishes for our large party arrived at various times. We shared food in between. Tried majority of things from the menu for that day. The menu changes daily, I believe. Only one appetizer would be a repeat, it was a terrine. Lamb stew was also good. I would give this place another try but no more than one.

Visited November 2012

Northeast
“Not the same as before...”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We loved EVOO in the older, Somerville-Cambridge border location, but find the new location too loud and too "polished." More importantly, I was disappointed with dinner the other night. The soup was delicious, but my lamb dish was so small, I was left hungry. There were, literally, three gnocchi on the plate and the amount of meat on each lamb chop allowed about two mouthfuls. I will always have my fond memories of the previous venue...

• Visited December 2012
“Local food sources, out of this world taste.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to EVOO for many years now. While we preferred the ambiance of its Somerville location (the Kenmore Square location is more cramped, louder, brighter and has significantly lower ceilings) we were pleased to know that its food remained as delicious as ever. Our dinner on a busy Saturday night was fresh, inventive and incredibly tasty. Our server was sweet and friendly, and she did not rush us out the door. Dishes were well paced and aesthetically pleasing. Ingredients are locally sourced and sustainably and/or organically grown and raised, which is a huge plus for us. We will absolutely continue to go back again and again.

Austin, Texas
“Comfort with great food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our after-Thanksgiving meal needed to be high quality food in a comfortable setting. Go to Evoo. We started with some charcuterie selections of pork and chicken feet. The Rilette and pork jowl (guanciale) were spectacular. The rest left me cold. I went on to the Nantucket Scallops with pork rind risotto was really great. Others got the Arctic Char, Chicken Breast, Chinese Box and Tenderloin. All were thrilled. We left no room for dessert so were forced to share the Chocolate and Banana Bread Pudding and the Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake. They were worth every overfilling bite. This was my second trip there and my wife and I will be back.

• Visited November 2012
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Not impressed”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

From verbal recommendations I decided have dinner here one evening with my wife. I was in for a surprise.

The service was OK, not the best I've seen. The quality of food was poor. Very limited menu. Very small portions. For what I paid I expected better. Once was enough for me.

• Visited November 2012