“Local food sources, out of this world taste.”
Review of EVOO

EVOO
Reserve with OpenTable
EVOO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 634 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: Red Line - Kendall Square
“Local food sources, out of this world taste.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to EVOO for many years now. While we preferred the ambiance of its Somerville location (the Kenmore Square location is more cramped, louder, brighter and has significantly lower ceilings) we were pleased to know that its food remained as delicious as ever. Our dinner on a busy Saturday night was fresh, inventive and incredibly tasty. Our server was sweet and friendly, and she did not rush us out the door. Dishes were well paced and aesthetically pleasing. Ingredients are locally sourced and sustainably and/or organically grown and raised, which is a huge plus for us. We will absolutely continue to go back again and again.

Austin, Texas
“Comfort with great food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our after-Thanksgiving meal needed to be high quality food in a comfortable setting. Go to Evoo. We started with some charcuterie selections of pork and chicken feet. The Rilette and pork jowl (guanciale) were spectacular. The rest left me cold. I went on to the Nantucket Scallops with pork rind risotto was really great. Others got the Arctic Char, Chicken Breast, Chinese Box and Tenderloin. All were thrilled. We left no room for dessert so were forced to share the Chocolate and Banana Bread Pudding and the Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake. They were worth every overfilling bite. This was my second trip there and my wife and I will be back.

Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Not impressed”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

From verbal recommendations I decided have dinner here one evening with my wife. I was in for a surprise.

The service was OK, not the best I've seen. The quality of food was poor. Very limited menu. Very small portions. For what I paid I expected better. Once was enough for me.

“Are you kidding....”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

So the parking is near impossible there; that's the first knock.

The next is we were seated near the bar and it was loud and has no ambiance. Service was slow, so slow I had to go to the maitre de and ask where was the waiter.

The portions for the fish I had were tiny, about 4 oz.

This place was well rated by OpenTable but I found the entire experience very uneven and not worth the time or money.

San Ramon, California
“Simple menu, well prepared”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The menu was not extensive, however all items that our group ordered were well prepared and presented beautifully. Highly recommend the seasonal choices on the menu. Good wine selections by the glass, and enjoyed the vibrant atmosphere.

Visited October 2012