“Outstanding service and food”
Review of Salts - CLOSED

Salts
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you want the best of food and service, go to Salt. It is a restaurant where one is served like few places do today. The food is very creative and delicious.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

According to Tripadvisor this is the most exepnsive restaurant in Cambridge MA. This is probably right but you get what you pay for. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent, as was the atmosphere and service.

For the mains, GET THE DUCK! It sounds expensive at $68 for 2 people, but it was brought out whole, and it was a big duck. Great quality meat, not fatty at all. Lovely flavor.

Shame I didn't get a photo of the duck, but I have one of one of our entrees, a delectable goat cheese and beet salad.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Organized a group dinner at this restaurant where I had been reminded what true hospitality is! The owners are the brain and heart that make the whole experience memorable. Bravo to them! From the preparation to the delivery, an impeccable A+! For a group of 25-27, this is THE place to plan an event in Cambridge - you basically rent the entire space and the place becomes yours! There is room to have cocktails and passed hors d'oeuvres and then sit down for a delicious meal.

In choosing this restaurant, I believe I've interviewed about 15-20 restaurants which essentially wanted to use "my way or the highway" concept in "negotiating" a scenario for a memorable night. All those who use unskilled or untrained sales people to "sell" space for groups (and not culinary experiences) should take lessons from this small yet most passionately group.

Bravo!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were underwhelmed....we were there 45 minutes before ordering.

There seemed to be only one waitress and any time we tried to get her attention she looked like a deer in the headlights. The owner comes out and greets you which is a nice touch but honestly, I'd rather have quicker, more consistantly attentive service. We basically had to ask the busboy to get out waiter when we wanted wine, when we were ready to order and when we wanted the check. I don't even think we had a waiter because each time the owner came out.

We arrived at 8:30 and at 10pm we still hadn't gotten our food. This was the blatantly worst service I've ever had at a restaurant. There were no apologies or even excuses for the bad service like "We're short on servers tonight". No, everyone just had smiles on their faces as they moved at a snail's pace.

The food was just ok, nothing was spectacular. The sturgeon was too salty, the beet appetizer was good, not great. We wanted dessert, I always order dessert, but knew it would add an hour onto to our night and we had already been there two hours so we asked for the check. Very disappointing!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had the stuffed duck for two and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Very nice wine selection ((California wine). Attentive service but not overdone.
Mid week visit so not crowded, quiet atmosphere.
Parking on the street (metered) only (no Valet) so plan a few more minutes.
Great local find>