“Best place for breakfast or lunch near MIT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tatte Cambridge
Ranked #2 of 47 Coffee & Tea in Cambridge
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: phone 6173544200
Palo Alto, California
“Best place for breakfast or lunch near MIT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Meandering near Kendall Square, my companion and I were delighted to happen upon this beautiful Parisian -style bakery/cafe. So many pleasant sensations, from the sight of white tulips on every table to the Copperplate style numerals on the order numbers to the gorgeous cakes and buns and croissants. Waiting for our breakfast, we were seated with Israelis, Argentinians, and various MIT grad students... Everyone in the neighborhood congregates here. Delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, and crowded (in a good way!) shared tables. Definitely recommend this place if you are visiting MIT.

2 Thank Sarah M

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“French country brunch - loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was in the mood for some bakery this past Sunday and a chance to read a book, so I hopped in the car and honestly drove up and down Mass Ave and parts of Arlington, back into Boston, around Charles St - trying to figure out where to go. When I missed the turn onto Charles St and found myself back on the bridge to get into Cambridge, I figured someone was telling me something -- no pastry for you..

And then on my way back home (East Cambridge), I passed Tatte on 3rd St. If I could have stopped in the middle of the road - I would have. But I parked, and walked in thinking it would be packed. There were some MIT students but plenty of seating and the bakery was incredible.

I grabbed a belgian hot cocoa, a cup of marscapone and strawberries, and a blueberry muffin for later. I hung out for about an hour - sitting at what looked like an old farmer's table, with milk bottles full of white tulips. Seriously? Am I dreaming?

I will most definitely be back. There are lunch and brunch items on the menu as well - still as yet to be discovered for me. Really love the cozy atmosphere and the aroma - is amazing.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Unbelievably Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is phenomenal. The food is incredible - I had the Savory Tatin and it was to die for. My friend had the quiche- also delicious. Decor is delightful - french styled bakery with vintage bread shelves and sweet cafe tables.

Highly recommend for very pleasant brunch/lunch experience, and reasonably priced deliciousness in Kendall.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“High-quality baked goods and lovely cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

In typical foodie form, I've now visited this cafe four times in the past week. Needless to say, I'm a fan! First, the vibe is lovely and conducive to sitting down to a long lunch with friends. Great decor, rustic chic. The baked goods are pretty spectacular- I've tried the cinnamon pecan rose (like a cinnamon roll that exploded), brownie (dark and luscious), and apple tart (perfectly puffed). Their bread is excellent; I've had the breakfast sandwich, and also the roast beef for lunch. So far haven't gone wrong- all very high-quality and fresh. Delicious pear juice and mint lemonade. Quick and friendly service. I'll be back!

• Visited August 2012
Newton, Massachusetts
“Just great food and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The place is in Kendall Square, a very hip neighborhood, with many restaurant and cafe's. I loved the way it looks and the outside seating. Since it's mostly a bakery, all the cakes looks great. But the real great thing about this place, is the food. It's so creative, and such a big celebration of all senses. Just perfect. We had little cookies, which I can't remember the name, but it was sensational, and a creambo cake. Everything was interesting and so much different that the "usual" starbucks pastries. The salad we had was great too. I think it's also fairly priced.

• Visited August 2012