“Delish pork sandwich”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hampshire Street and Portland Street
Transit: West Bridge is near the MBTA Kendall Square Red Line station, as well as the Number 85 and CT2 bus lines.
Description: New England fare with a French twist. This restaurant opened sometime around May 15, 2012.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had a pulled pork sandwich that was mighty delicious for lunch. We were there mid-afternoon so crowds were not that heavy and the staff left us alone unless we needed them. Cute place for lunch!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

You would think you'd be certain to have a fine meal at a restaurant that is celebrated for its chef, who has been named by Food and Wine magazine as one of the best chefs of 2013. You would also think that having such a limited lunch menu (fewer than 10 items) at such a restaurant would guarantee that the kitchen was focused on producing quality dishes. Well, you would be wrong. Today at West Bridge I had the most uninspired, disappointing meal I have had for many years.

First the positive points. The restaurant is visually appealing and very well maintained. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. The noise level is somewhat high but that's due to the hard surfaces, and at least there is no loud music competing with the conversations. My companion had the lamb BLT and liked the lamb bacon (an interesting idea that worked well) and the fresh bread. It was a reasonably priced lunch dish.

Now the negative points. My companion's sandwich was accompanied by what I assume were potato chips made in-house. They were definitely off. Stale? Cooked at too low a temperature? And his draft beer, at $8, was overpriced. But my dish was the real loser. I ordered the Nicoise salad. Here is what I got: a salad bowl of fresh greens, two pieces of red stuff (won't refer to them with a food term since they were tasteless), what looked and tasted like an upended can of overly salty tuna fish, and ---- please believe me; I am not making this up --- exactly one half of one olive. Missing in action: lots of nicoise olives, hard-boiled egg, potato, maybe some green beans, decent tuna. Let me clarify the tuna part. There were some flaky pieces on the top and then some solid chunks on the side. You know when you open a can of tuna and dump it into a bowl before you begin to make tuna salad? There you go. No way this tuna was caught anytime in 2013.

I have read the positive reviews which focus on the ambitious dinner menu. Maybe dining at night would be a whole other experience. I don't think I will return to find out. I can't trust a place that would willingly put out such a miserable item as that Nicoise salad.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I dined there on Monday night with 3 work colleagues. We has the tapas plates. I had the scallops, octopus and pork jowl. Everything was very visually appealing and edgy. The tastes were fantastic and food was of the highest quality. Suitable for adventurous diners.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

With so many food bloggers and critics out in the ethers - I have never thought it appropriate or worthwhile for me write a restaurant review...until now. If I lived within 100 miles of Cambridge, I would dine here without fail each week. Yes, worth the trip. The table had the wine-paire tasting menu. This is an inspired experience. Dishes came to our table that evolved as we ate them with the expertly chosen wines and one fascinating mixed drink that was part of a pallate cleansing. The creation and diverse tastes rivaled any culinary experience we have had in "Michelin" starred restaurants.

The wait staff was unbelievable attentive and each step of the meal was beautifully orchestrated. Do not be fooled by the casual atmosphere it is a meal to experience. One warning I would submit - and it may have been just our location within the restaurant - on a Saturday night it became quite loud by 9PM. I miss the food already and will plan my next visit to the area around being able to have a meal at West Bridge.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

First time there. The Fluke was delicious! Its a flounder .. But prepared in a special way.
My complain was the noise! Hard to talk with another couple on the table!
Excelent service! The bread I asked (not part of the meal) was great!
Nice desert..
I will return.. Would be excelent if there was leas noise!