“Excellent food, but......”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hampshire Street and Portland Street
Transit: West Bridge is near the MBTA Kendall Square Red Line station, as well as the Number 85 and CT2 bus lines.
Description: New England fare with a French twist. This restaurant opened sometime around May 15, 2012.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, but......”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

It seems they are still getting the kinks worked out. The space is WAY too noisy - can't even have a conversation without yelling which makes it worse. The food was very good, but they ran out of things which our waiter tells us happens frequesntly - not good for fairly early on a Saturday evening. I'll give it a try again in a few months. The waiter, though was great!

• Visited August 2012

L.A.
“Very loud and extremely good. A celebrationof local flavour and seafood combined with interesting textures makes for a welcome n”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Egg in a jar was cute as well as being wonderfully flavoured with hen of the woods mushrooms. Sweetbreads were perfectly executed and the locally caught white striped bass was absolutely delicious

Cambridge
“Wanted to love this restaurant, but....”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I arrived with high hopes having read great reviews. Two minutes after we got there our waiter said you have to hurry and order because we have a big party coming, so ended up feeling rushed. Put in drink orders and food. My first course arrived well before my drink and the waiter seemed put out when I commented that I was feeling rushed. Drink was fabulous as was the egg in the jar. You have to try it. House water was either still or sparkling, nice touch. My sweetbreads were ok, nothing special. My husband's scallops were good, but had the addition of one unattractive, straggly, fishy smelling clam, weird. Noise level was outrageously loud, impossible to hear and talk. Not high on my list for restaurants to go back to. There are better in boston/cambridge.

San Francisco, California
“Interesting food, great service”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Really enjoyed our family dinner at West Bridge. We stumbled upon it on a Friday night, and were pleased to see that while they were busy, they had available tables right by the window. Our server was great and funny, and we loved the diversity of the menu. The different size plates are perfect for sharing, mixing and matching. We ordered a starter, a single entree, and a shared entree, as well as dessert. It was all delicious. Very well prepared, interesting flavors and combinations. I'd love to keep going back to see how the menu changes seasonally!

• Visited July 2012
Oakland, California
“Unusual Combinations, Very Good Food”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I met friends at West Bridge for dinner on Sunday night and we really liked it. The house cocktails were very good and had some unusual ingredients that we had not had before. Our server was very knowledgeable, was easily able to answer our questions and was attentive without hovering. We each had a different appetizer and everyone was happy with what they ordered. We all ordered the duck for our entree and it was absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked. We did not order dessert. Because it was a Sunday evening, it the restaurant was not full, but I can imagine that it would be pretty noisy when it's full of people.

• Visited July 2012