I'll just be blunt here. My husband and I arrived about 7 pm after a day of travel from Los Angeles. Looked is expected from the outside, but one look inside the main rooms, followed by seeing the "traditional" room to which we were assigned, well, I came close to crying. We were booked for three nights.
I can only speak for the room we were assigned, which was so small it could only accommodate a double bed or smaller. There was no dresser, and only one small desk chair. The closet was crafted from a corner of the room. The only place to put our suitcases was on top of a small refrigerator and a small nightstand-type table placed perpendicular to the refrigerator.
Not sure why we were assigned a room for the physically challenged. We are seniors, but not in need of accessible accommodations. If I was in need, this room would still be unsatisfactory. The place where wall meets floor in the shower appeared unclean and moldy. When showering, and yes, we did stay one night due to tiredness, the water flowed into the bathroom soaking the bath mat.
The room had an odor that I can only describe as faint urine.
The bed had what seemed to be a plastic liner that caused noise when either of us moved.
Here's the good thing. My husband found other accommodations, so we knew we'd be out first thing in the morning. When my husband politely, but firmly, told the desk clerk we were checking out early and why, our money for all three nights was refunded in full. I wonder if that had anything to do with the customer waiting in line behind my husband?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Cambridge House B&B Inn is a lovely turn of the century Victorian. We now have two buildings; the rooms in one are contemporary decor, the other Victorian. All rooms are equipped with private baths and cable television. Many of our Victorian rooms have fireplaces; all rooms have air conditioning during the summer months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your A Cambridge House B & B Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Cambridge House Hotel Cambridge
- a Cambridge House Bed And Breakfast Inn