Stayed in a Victorian room on 1st floor of main house on a Wed and Thur. Very enjoyable stay. B&B staff are very nice and accomodating. Had and shared local knowledge freely. Continental breakfast was good, but nothing to rave about. It was well-presented and plenty of seats. The Inn has plenty of parking off the busy Mass Ave. The room was kind of dark which made for great sleeping but challenging for other activity. Multiple windows had individual shutters which could be adjusted for more or less light. If light was important I would ask Sam about rooms on upper floors for your stay.
The bed was quite firm. OK for me, my partner likes a soft and cuddly bed. The linens and pillows were very nice and felt soothing. No problem with bed squeeks or movement noises.
Window AC in room. Noise was not a problem, temp control was adequate.
Bathroom was a comfortable size and well lit. Very clean for such an old in-city property. Good sized common space in lounge which serves as breakfast area. Coffee available all day and was fresh and hot. Being Boston it had a city vibe which is different from Virginia. If you are looking for a chummy B&B experiance with socializing with people you have not met- you may not find it here. If looking for that you may want to locate a common-table family style served bfst location. For us the vibe suited us fine.
Newspapers include the daily Bos Globe, NY Times, and USA Today.
Fast and dependable wireless internet.
Room was very quiet, although practically adjoining the lounge, we heard no travel noise any time of day, yet the place was active with guests and staff.
Beautiful front porch on main house, nice seating to watch the movement on Mass Ave. Two easy trips to subway. Red Line T at Porter Square and at Davis Square. We used Davis Square which is a quick walk across Mass Ave and down Day St then to the left. From there you can get to anywhere in the city.
Enjoyed the stay and will seek it again for personal or business trips. Felt like good value for the $ considering location, amenities, and free parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Cambridge House B&B Inn is a lovely turn of the century Victorian. We now have two buildings; the rooms in one are contemporary decor, the other Victorian. All rooms are equipped with private baths and cable television. Many of our Victorian rooms have fireplaces; all rooms have air conditioning during the summer months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your A Cambridge House B & B Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Cambridge House Bed And Breakfast Inn
- a Cambridge House Hotel Cambridge