“chance drop by and pleasantly suprised”
Review of Kika Tapas

Kika Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Kika Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 645 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 350 Third Street
Transit: Red Line - Kendall
Description: Located in the Kendall Square area of Cambridge. Sample out tapas while sipping sangria!
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I needed a lunch spot and noticed this place. My 2nd Tapas experience, the other was Tapeo on Newbury St, and loved the selections. We had the calamari, lamb meatballs, shortribs, artichoke hearts and tenderloin (not alot of seafood lovers...). Great sauces for all the dishes.

As with all Tapas experiences it can add up on the tab if you're not careful. But if you want some good service and quality food give this place a try. It's tucked behind One Broadway so I imagine the after work crowd at the bar is big.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

we have been to Kika many times since it opened a couple of years ago. The food is really delicious and its not what you find in almost any other restaurant. The steak with brandy fruit sauce is to die for. I can't even list how many wonderful dishes they serve.
It's also a great value. A group or family can order two tapas each and share, and the total bill for food will be surprisingly low. will be

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Their paella was full of clams and shrimps that the rice was so little. a little pricy but other dishes are good too!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a lovely place. As soon as you walk in you feel , yes, as if you could be in Spain. It's red and boisterous, sensual and the waitresses wear skimpy tight outfits. The food is not bad either… ( a complaint later) but the place is totally disorganized. First, the soup: we were four and three of us ordered a lovely cauliflower and tomato soup which arrived 30 minutes later. Half the soup in the bowl was cold; the other hot. We sent it back."It's gonna take a while," the waitress said, somewhat perturbed. When it did return to the table 15 minutes later she tossed it in front of us,spilling the soup over the edges of the bowl, which was not a clean bowl but a partially eaten-out-of bowl. I have no idea if I received the bowl I had already eaten out of or the bowl of the man across the table who had a cold. We rec'd the tapas, which were good. One woman had ordered the duck, which never arrived at the table. She points it out. We wait 30 minutes---after everyone had finished eating. Finally when the check did arrive, we were charged for desserts-- chocolate mousses-- that we never ordered, ate or saw. I wonder how they stay in biz.The place must depend on M-F workday crowd coming in for lunch and after work drinks. We went on a Saturday. Not many people there at 8 o'clock. The word must be out that it's pretty but a pain in the neck place.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went to Kika Tapas on July 4th this year and I would like to share my bad experience. My boyfriend and I love to eat tapas and came across this restaurant while googling for a good restaurant around the Cambridge area. It had good reviews and it had a good location as we wanted to walk to the Charles River area to hear the Boston Pops and see the fireworks (a few blocks down). We got to the restaurant around 7:15pm and were planning on being out by 9pm to walk and see the fireworks. The restaurant looked nice and we sat outside. But then, we noticed the bad service... The waiter was trying to push more tapas on us and said "that will not be enough". He talked like if we didn't know about tapas and we explained that we've had tapas many times before and knew they were small plates. Once we had some, we order a couple more we liked to share. Then he said "I told you so" in a manner that really upset me. But that was not it... The service the whole evening was slow even though there was not many people there. So when it was close to 9pm, and we noticed we were not getting regular visits to see how we were doing, refill our waters, etc, we called the waiter and asked him to start bringing our check because we wanted to see the fireworks by the river. But to bring out check, it took another 20+ mins. So 9:30pm came and yes, we were still sitting there AND THE FIREWORKS STARTED! We could barely see them as the buildings were covering the view! Of course, our waiter show up THEN bringing the check and said, "well there are the fireworks" smiling. REALLY!? I told you all along I wanted to see them by the river and order the check upfront because of that. I was visiting from North Carolina and I was SO so bummed I missed what was going to be the biggest highlight of my trip, the Boston fireworks by the river, due to poor, slow service. I am SO upset about the service - slow and a server with an attitude and it left me with such a bad taste in my mouth about the whole experience. I will NEVER come back here and I recommend you don't either. The food was ok (I've had better tapas) and the service was horrible.