“Great Tour of Harvard Square” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambridge Historical Tours

Cambridge Historical Tours
Ranked #4 of 10 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Storytellers in Top Hats and Hoop Skirts (though rarely both at once) will tell you all the weirdest, funniest, saddest, and most fascinating stories around Harvard, Old Cambridge, and the newest history being made in Cambridge. Enthusiastic humor and great stories allow us to entertain nerds, clowns, scholars, and skeptics. Guides are local actors with years of storytelling experience, and an infectious love of history, art, and science. You will leave wondering why everything isn't taught this way. Cambridge Historical Tours offers Historical, Hysterical Tour of Harvard, the Cantabrigia Tour of Old Cambridge, Harvard Square Ghost Tours, Harvard Square Pub Crawl, Innovations of Cambridge (Kendall/MIT) Tour regularly, as well as offering Private tours anytime you'd like to schedule one. Private bookings are also available in French and Spanish (subject to guide availability).
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Tour of Harvard Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A fantastic tour with some historical and hysterical insights about Harvard and its past and present. Dorothea Dix was quite entertaining and full of great facts and history. It was light-hearted but provided a good overview of the history of Harvard and its heritage. I would highly recommend taking this tour if you are in the area.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overall great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A group of friends and myself decided to do the Ghost Tour in Harvard Square on a Friday night, provided by Cambridge Historical Tours. Although it was quite chilly, it was a great time and we learned some great historical facts about Harvard Square! Scaley Pete was our guide and he was informative, entertaining, funny and managed to keep the whole group engaged and interested. I would highly recommend this tour as something to do for both the tourist and the folks who've lived in the area their whole lives!

Tadley, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“New England Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights in Boston in October as part of a self-drive New England Tour. We visited Cambridge and decided to take the Harvard Historical walking tour (1 hour tour although it actually lasted somewhat longer due to the enthusiasm of both the guide and the participants). We would highly recommend this tour. It cost $12 each (we are seniors) and was well worth it. The guide was very knowledgeable and we learnt things and visited places that we never would have if we had simply walked around by ourselves. Highly recommended.

New York City, New York
“Excellent Walking Tours of Cambridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently spent some time in Cambridge and was able to do three of the tours on offer with Cambridge Historical Tours. All of the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. I had three different guides and each had a great personality and were funny and informative. I have been to Boston many times, but never took the opportunity to explore around Cambridge and Harvard - now I feel like I know it well! My favorite had to be the Hysterical Historical Harvard. The stories were memorable and appealed to everyone in the group. Every time we stopped you could tell people who were not on the tour really wanted to know what was going on. I also did The Cantabrigia Tour. What was interesting about this one was we went off the beaten path toward some of the historical homes in Cambridge - it was very cool to see where famous people have lived - for example, Margret and HA Rey - authors of Curious George. Finally, we did the Harvard Square Ghost Tour. This was a lot of fun - especially since it was getting close to Halloween season. The stories were scary (but not horrifying) and some sprinkled with humor. I definitely recommend adding this to your itinerary next time you're in Cambridge. It was a lot of fun!

Visited September 2013
Cologne, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“glad we did it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Me and my wife did the tour early Oct. We had been walking through Cambridge for a bit, when we learned about the tour by coincidence and looking back it was great we did it. I've made lots of tours over the years and some can be really tedious, but this one wasn't. It was great and interesting and funny. Our guide posed as a 19th century astronomer and she really was a lovely person and had a great way of mixing historical facts and the odd story or rumour. Absolutely to be recommended!!