“Great hotel, great value, ok location...”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Great hotel, great value, ok location...”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Stayed two nights here; very clean and modern hotel with a comfortable bed and great amenities. Location leaves a bit to be desired in the winter time as the T is a 5-10 minute walk; however, the value (at $139 per night) is fantastic! In the summer time it would be a very nice and tolerable walk across the Charles to Boston. We had a great two nights here and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank habs07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Hebrew first
Dublin
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We had a huge room beautifully decorated. Staff were very friendly. Hotel was very comfortable too. Wine reception at 5pm for guests in front of a great big fire. Just beside a shopping mall so you could drop in there at any time, you didn't even have to go outside to reach it! I could not fault this hotel. Also the subway is 5 mins walk so you can travel everywhere with ease. Love this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HilsDublin
manchester
Reviewed December 6, 2009

The Hotel Marlowe is the pet friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in. Jason and Keith went out of their way to make sure our dog was well taken care of. The rest of the desk staff were equally accommodating. The hotel was upscale on all levels and not one hint that this was a pet friendly hotel unless you count the dog dish at the front door with delicious bones in it. There is a great park and walk along the river to exercise your pet. The restaurant was great, with quick service and good food. We chose this hotel for its proximity to The Science Museum and Logan Airport at the last minute we had to bring our dog along so I called to see if there was a doggy day care in the area. I got a call back from Jason who said they would be happy to take care of our dog for us and they certainly did. A+ all the way around.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Dear parks95,
We're thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe! I'm glad you found the staff so friendly and accommodating, particularly when taking care of your pet. Our proximity to the Museum of Science makes it a very easy and convenient destination for our guests, and I'm happy that it worked out well for you, too! We look forward to your next visit!
India
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Really really blown away.

Rooms are crazy though the leopard skin robes maybe a tad over the top!

The concierge was brilliant, tickets were printed out, I was checked in and he even got me a super quick table at the adjoining cheesecake factory.

10 on 10.

Stayed April 2007
Boston
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My family loved this hotel, even the dog! The hotel decor was warm and inviting and very cool. I will include photos. Our room was clean but had a couple of issues which were resolved very quickly by maintenance: a tv cord needed to be plugged in, there was a small shampoo bottle on the floor spilling under the shower curtain and the (clean) toilet wasn't working properly but was promptly fixed. We arrived at night and were tired so would have liked to have just been able to watch a little tv & go to sleep, but maintenance was quick. I would have liked a discount off the bill considering, but I didn't ask and it wasn't offered. Anyway we had gotten a great rate and loved the place so much it was entirely worth it. The hotel staff was so friendly, even on Thanksgiving when most people would rather be home with their families. They were all smiles, from the front desk to maintenance. Sadly we missed the breakfast at Bambara which ends at 10am. Our dog was treated like family there. What a great time! Remember to request their kids' pack if you have young children.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2009
Dear parissunset,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We certainly hope you'll choose to stay with us again when you're back in the Boston area!
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Booked this based on recs from TripAdvisor and I agree that the Marlowe is a really nice place to stay. The location is sort of lousy considering the nearest "T" stop is about a 15 minute walk, but if you need to be near MIT it would be fine. Leopard print carpeting, faux fur blanket, red velveteen chairs, the Declaration of Independence printed on the curtains and animal print robes should give you an idea that these rooms are decorated with moxie. My king-bed room was on the small side, but fine. The restaurant is pretty good with a nice bar. They have a nightly wine reception, but I never made it. Coffee is not made in the room, but is available downstairs and if you stay here be sure to join their frequent stay program because they will give you a $10 credit in the mini-bar, newspapers of your request, and free wireless internet--and it cost nothing to join. Oh yeah, room service is decent with a good menu for everyone...even your pet!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Dear HolaGatitos,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hotel Marlowe. We're happy to see you had such a pleasant stay. I'm glad you liked the funky decor, too! We look forward to your next visit!
Naples, FL
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I stayed in room 316 for a conference held inside the hotel. The room was overlooking a parking area. The staff was welcoming, gave helpful directions when I was looking for a restaurant, and the check-out was very quick. The room was kind of dark, but it was clean - which is really the most important thing as far as I am concerned. The leopard print theme was a little over the top but it didn't bother me. The bar/restaurant downstairs seemed well attended by non-guests, which told me it must have a decent reputation with the locals (however I did not get a chance to eat there). The conference facilities were spacious, the food that was served was decent (buffet style), and the staff working the event were very discrete. My only gripe was that the windows in my room did not open - they wouldn't even crack - and despite setting the air conditioning all the way down to 65 degrees, the room was a balmy 78 degrees at all times. I could have complained to the staff and I'm sure it would have been corrected or I would have been moved, but I didn't bother because I wasn't in the room all that much except to sleep. That kind of thing can happen anywhere so I don't really count it against them. Bathroom was bright and clean. Flat screen TV, stocked minibar, plenty of outlets. Internet access cost extra, but for the price of the room it should be included.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#6 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,266 reviews

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!