WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had an amazing stay at the Marlowe.Decided to book after reading the excellent reviews of the hotel. Staff on reception were very helpful-I arrived with no luggage and was given an amazing bag of toiletries to tide me over till my case arrived-very much appreciated!.The hotel is linked to an amazing shopping mall which can be reached through the car park.Hotel rooms were spacious and very comfortable-beds were amazingly comfortable.No bath but gorgeous massive shower. Free.coffee available in the lobby every morning, just what you need!. would definitely stay again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks! Glad we were able to get you some items while your luggage was on its way!

Please come again!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Hebrew first
Santa Fe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I love a really nice hotel, and this one totally fits the bill. The lobby is gorgeous, the staff is phenomenal--genuinely nice and extremely helpful, the room lovely and comfortable. The location near the river is great and the heart of Cambridge, very easy to get around from there as well. The complimentary wine at happy hour in the lobby was nice bonus. My only regret was that I couldn't stay longer!

1 Thank AnnieSantaFe
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Next time stay longer! Thanks for the kind words!

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel in Cambridge, Mass. My husband had recently hurt his back and found the feather bed extremely uncomfortable and did not sleep that night. When we opted to change hotels the manager of the Marlowe profusely apologized and gave us the night for free. We have stayed at many Kimpton hotels, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oh man, so sorry your husband didn't sleep, but glad to hear it all worked out. Please let us know when you are coming again, we can always remove that featherbed!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here on a trip home from Bar Harbor with our two dogs. The hotel is awesome. Everyone is so friendly. And they were so nice to our two dogs. The rooms are a nice size and well taken care of. We loved our stay there. I would definitely go back again.

1 Thank lawgirl10
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
If you looked up Marlowe in the dictionary it would say "Super Friendly, they want you to come back!" :-) Thanks for staying!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was very impressed by a recent stay at the Hotel Marlowe. The staff was very friendly and eager to assist. The rooms were furnished nicely and had great views of the Boston skyline. Opted for self parking which was very convenient, in and out privileges in the garage made it easy to drive to dinner and local sites. I'm looking forward to my next visit already!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks for the great review and for pointing out the friendly and eager staff. We aim to exceed every guest's expectations, so it's always nice to see when that happens!

Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter and I had a getaway, and we were checking out reviews of fun places to stay. The reviews for this hotel looked great an the price was much better than other hotels in the Boston area for the equivalent room and service. Let me just say that the experience was fantastic. The positive reviews were spot on, and we really enjoyed our trip. The folks at the front desk were courteous, friendly and professional. The room was clean, and had a great look and feel. The beds, pillows, and blankets were so comfortable, that my daughter said it was the most comfortable room she'd ever been in (and we travel quite a bit). We ordered room service, and enjoyed delicious appetizers, burgers, and deserts. I really liked that 'In-touch' loyalty program. It is free to join, and you get a $10 credit for the mini bar and free wi-fi. The breakfast in the restaurant was great too. We opted for the breakfast for $1, combo at sign in. It was the best dollar I've ever spent. Again, the service was friendly, helpful, and professional. I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future. Great location, service, and all around experience.

Room Tip: Consider signing up for the Kimpton 'in-touch' loyalty program. It's free and had some...
1 Thank bbostonfamily
I am grinning ear to ear right now because this is the stuff that makes me enjoy what we do. Thank you for sharing your experience and I agree with you, our beds are pretty darn comfortable!

Saco, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We headed into Boston for an over night trip and I was fortunate enough to find a great price. First I have to say when parked in the garage and heading to registration we ran into a nice young girl in the elevator and struck up a conversation with her. When we got through the line at registration it was the nice young lady we ran into. I know the hotel manager reads this, I must tell you Megan is an amazing young lady, she treated us like old special friends, I was highly impressed by her customer service, give this girl a raise. The room is very clean and the beds very comfortable, we had a great view of the river. My wife's only complaint (not mine ) is there was no coffee maker in the room. It was no big deal for me I just went down into the lobby to get her some. You all are doing a great job, if I ever return to Cambridge you're on my list.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MarloweGM, General Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Meghan is a great concierge, and I will make sure she is recognized for her efforts! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back...oh, and next time just request that coffee maker and we will have one in your room waiting for your wife :-)

Thanks again!

joe.capalbo@hotelmarlowe.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
#4 of 82 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,755 reviews
The Boxer Boston
#18 of 82 in Boston

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!