“7 + 6 = 13 Wedding @ Museum of Science Boston MA”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Utica NY
“7 + 6 = 13 Wedding @ Museum of Science Boston MA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Marlowe on a wedding package deal all guest on the 3rd floor. It was Awesome!! The rooms were very clean and beds so comfortable. Very quiet area and we slept so well with no noise. The service was incredible. The only drawback I would say is that room service was pretty pricey, $4.00 delivery for a 1/2 bottle of $18. wine along with a $3. tip!!! OK, I should have planned ahead. DO NOT USE THE cash bar in the room!!! Free Kayaks and bikes, if you have time to utilize these wonderful amenities. Over all a 4 star hotel, but I still like Marriott better depending on what I can get for a rate as the views are better. Boston Museum of Science is really close, 5 minute walk. Visit the Galleria which is close by and has two great restaurants; the Cheesecake Factory and the California Pizza which closes early.

Room Tip: NO POOL....choose a room that overlooks the circle.
Green Features: ??? I did love the fresh water availability on a continual basis. Lemon, cucumber and Blueberry lemonade. GREAT STAFF.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michal P, Hotel Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi Hamiltonmom2014,

I hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended at the Museum of Science! Please visit us again in your future travels to Boston so you can utilize our bikes and kayaks!

-Michal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Hebrew first
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Everything was top-notch from the minute we arrived to checkout.
We arrived very late, by plane.
The first contact was the valet allowing our daughter to park as we settled in. He even suggested it. The beds are incredibly comfortable. The rooms are updated and spotless. The water pressure is wonderful. The view we had of the city and river were so nice.
The daytime valet, again, was so helpful to our daughter. The taxis on queue are great to have $10 to about anywhere. (97 degrees Fahrenheit makes it too hot to walk or train.
The Bambara restaurant was delicious.
The hotel desk staff, housekeeper staff are amazing.
The wine hour is a nice touch.
We walked across the street for the fireworks. One bucket list item done there.
The riverboat cruise, nearby, is entertaining.
Perfect location.
Just fantastic!

Room Tip: Had a room on 6th floor overlooking corner park. Very bright in the am, but we rise early. It was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Lisa T!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy your fourth of July holiday with us! What a great time to be in Boston! Please visit us on your future visits to Boston so we can spoil you some more!

Oxford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I spent two nights at the Hotel Marlowe over Memorial Day weekend, and I have to say that I couldn't have picked a better hotel. My brother and I took my dad to Boston for the weekend to celebrate his 75th birthday. Originally, we had planned to bring along his dog, so I was looking for a "dog friendly" hotel. It wasn't easy to find a truly "dog friendly" hotel. Many of the hotels that I called said that that they were dog friendly, but after asking many questions, I found that the dog was not allowed to be left in the room unattended. How are you supposed to have a vacation if you can't eat outside your room or see any of the sights in the city? After researching for several weeks, I found the Hotel Marlowe. They were definitely a dog friendly hotel. Dogs were allowed to be in the lobby (if on a leash), and I was told that I could keep the dog in the room if I went out. If the dog barked, I was told that the staff would bring the dog down and keep it behind the desk with the reception staff so it wouldn't be alone. There is a special "pet floor" for people who bring their pets. As it turned out, we didn't end up bringing the dog, but we decided to keep our reservation (which I'm so glad we did). I booked a suite, since three of us would be staying in the room. We had a huge room with a king sized bed, a pull-out sofa and a roll-away bed. I had read reviews about the comfy beds, and I have to agree, they were wonderful. Even the sofa bed and roll-away were comfortable (which was an unexpected surprise). The room was tastefully decorated and we had the luxury of wearing leopard and zebra patterned robes, courtesy of the hotel. They made for some cute pictures! Jim Mann, the desk manager, sent me an email the week before I arrived and asked me to email him a picture that he would have waiting in our room for us. I sent him two pictures of my grandmother. I thought my dad would enjoy seeing pictures of her. When we arrived, the pictures had been blown up and laminated, and they were waiting right inside the door. There was also a box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne waiting for my dad. All of those little details made a big difference. The hotel staff was always pleasant and helpful. They offered us suggestions of restaurants and provided us with extra blankets when we asked for them. I was also impressed with how the staff handled a "fire alarm" emergency. The alarm sounded late one afternoon, and at first we were unsure of what the sound was. A voice came on over the loud speaker and explained that the fire alarm had been sounded and everyone had to evacuate the building. She calmly gave directions as to how to exit the building. The fire department did come, and it turned out to be a false alarm (to my knowledge). I appreciated the way that the staff explained what was happening. I have had this happen before in hotels, and I've never had anyone explain what to do over the loudspeaker. We ate in the hotel restaurant twice for breakfast. On Sunday they had a brunch that consisted of cereal, muffins, danishes, bacon, bagels, eggs, and probably some other things that I'm not remembering. The food was tasty and the waiters and waitresses were all friendly. The hotel itself was connected to a mall, so there were other restaurants within a short walk. We were happy to discover a Cheesecake Factory and a California Pizza Kitchen just steps away. The hotel was very quiet, and we all slept well at night. I felt the hotel was expensive, but not more expensive then other nicer hotels in Boston. All in all, it was a fabulous trip. I was pleased with my whole experience and would definitely go back the next time I am in Boston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy C
Hello Cindy C!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about The Marlowe! We are honored that you decided to stay with us for your special occasion, your dad's 75th birthday! We look forward to seeing you on your future travels to Boston!

Ballston Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Marlowe. Our family booked several rooms including a suite for an anniversary celebration and get together. The hotel staff were wonderful and accommodating - several including the restaurant manager and concierge, went out of their way to provide helpful suggestions and advice.

Some advice - make time to take advantage of the wine meet and greet each night! Also don't forget to sign up for the Kimpton rewards program to get a mini-bar credit and free WiFi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just went to Boston for the weekend with my boyfriend and we had booked a room at the Marlowe on a third party website, not knowing exactly what we were getting for our buck.
Let me tell you... it was superb!!

Free wifi for members, wine hour everyday, very clean and nice rooms, super confortable beds, fun animal print robes....The food from room service was very good too. It's right next to the mall and a few big name restaurants (PF Chang, Cheesecake factory, etc). There are two subway stops (T) within about 15 minutes walk so it's easy to get to downtown Boston. We also walked it twice and it's very doable...

This weekend was in celebration of my birthday and they totally lived up to their excellent personalized customer service when they hooked us up with a water view room and a bottle of bubbles!!

I'm looking forward to trying some of their other hotels around the states!!! I definitely recommend the Marlowe!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Julie30682!

Thanking you for choosing The Marlowe to celebrate your birthday! We're glad we were able to spoil you on your special day! Please join us again on your future travels to Boston, and please visit other Kimpton properties around the US!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel. It's probably been about 3 years, but the place is still great. The staff are just as friendly and cheerful; the rooms just as clean, quiet and comfortable. The toiletries were just fine, and I always appreciate how they haven't skimped like other places. You can still get Q-tips and shower caps on those occasions I need/want them. My bed this time was starting to sag in the middle, but I've had much worse at other establishments. I had a good night's sleep. Their location is always perfect for me to get where I need to be (Boston as well as the suburbs), and I enjoy being so close to the Charles. One of these days, I absolutely will use one of their kayaks! I love that bikes and kayaks are available for use. I always somehow miss the wine hour, but I really appreciate the fruit and/or veg infused waters available. On this particular trip, we were hot from the 80F outside so we went straight to the water. So refreshing! I immediately drank two cups while my friend drank 3! I confess, we also wanted to try the different flavors too...

On this trip, the biggest delight was how welcoming they are to hybrid and electric vehicles. I now own a fully electric car and so was most glad that they made my trip super easy since I could charge to full capacity while I slept. Normally, valet parking is $30 while self-parking is $20. With a hybrid/electric car, you are credited the $20. I thanked them for being so welcoming and encouraging to "green" vehicles, but they thanked *me* first for being environmental.

I love traveling by car, and having an electric vehicle makes it much less guilty due to the much lower emissions or zero emissions if charged via solar. Hotels like Hotel Marlowe are making it super easy to travel and a downright pleasure. I will most definitely be returning, and returning a lot more often as a result! They totally made my weekend superb especially because this was my first long distance trip in the EV. I was a bit nervous, but they helped make it smooth sailing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Domotofu!

Thank you for writing your great review! We greatly appreciate you being eco friendly and driving an Electric Vehicle! Please join us again on your future travels to Boston!

Bedford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a gem, even though it is located in Cambridge you can get into Boston very quickly. Just a short walk from the Green Line stop at the Museum of Science. It's location in Cambridge makes it more affordable, the rooms are nicely renovated and very clean. They accept dogs and do not charge an additional fee, there is also a park next to the hotel where you can take your dog for a nice walk next to the river. There is also the Mall (Cambridgeside Galleria) next to it where you can self park for $20 a night. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This has become our favorite hotel in Boston.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#4 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,240 reviews

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!