“Lovely Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Milford, Connecticut
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Marlowe for a long weekend. Upon arrival the staff was very welcoming. We were a little early so they offered to stow our luggage until the room was ready. As we were setting out to explore the area that afternoon it started to rain. The desk clerk gave umbrellas to use as we walked around. The hotel is dog friendly. The late afternoon wine tasting was fantastic. Will definitely stay at the Hotel Marlowe again!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Hebrew first
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one weekend to wind down. Service was great! Check in was smooth, staff were friendly. Missed the wine social so I received a drink stub for the in hide bar..... Everything nicely appointed!! Loved it!!!! If you forgot something, they'll provide it for you!!! In room fridge fully stocked along with much needed goodies in the drawer as well- you name it- it's there!!!:)
Am morning coffee tea in the lounge!!!! Loved it so much- didn't want to leave!!! Close to science museum, will stay again!!!!!
You must visit!!!!! It's a must! Galleria mall attached by a garage and houses Cheesecake Factory and PGChangs to name a few!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Loved the room, loved the view of the Charles, loved the good coffee in the morning and the fact that the restaurant had yogurt with fruit as a reasonably priced option for breakfast. Liked the evening wine receptions from 5-6 and the maps of the walking routes along the Charles. Unfortunately the bikes they lend you were all being repaired the five days I was there so I never got to use them as I had intended to during my stay.

Room Tip: When I called to confirm they automatically upgraded me which was nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Marlowe has everything you'd expect of an upscale hotel. The location is perfect for looking at the river or visiting the Galleria, but is otherwise a bit far from both Boston and MIT, but there are always cabs in the courtyard. Beds are comfortable, WiFi works well, furniture is funky (check out the lamps). The breakfast in the restaurant was nothing special, but was fine. Join their club to get the free WiFi. They have a free wine reception, but we never made it there.

Room Tip: You need to pay extra to get a view room. Worth it if you plan to be in the room a lot.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm a big fan of the Kimpton brand, but my loyalty isn't blind. That said, the Marlowe exemplifies all that you'd expect from a Kimpton - great service, fantastic rooms, and fun and quirky touches. Plus, the location can't be beat - you're a stone's throw away from Boston (by MBTA, car, or even on foot), and the self-parking in the attached mall is fairly inexpensive and really convenient. The hotel restaurant is quite good, too, although you have lots of nearby dining options if you're willing to strike out even a block or two.

The rooms are great, super cozy and very clean. The lobby is welcoming and visually very interesting, if sometimes a bit chaotic. That's maybe the only negative I can think of, and it's a tiny one.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick another hotel to stay in when I visit the Boston area.

Room Tip: If you don't mind splurging a bit, the view rooms are really lovely.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed April 12, 2013

As a fan of Kimpton's I generally seek them out in cities I know they are. This particular hotel is in an "off the beaten" track location in that its not really walking distance to anywhere I'm looking to go, BUT it seems like its 10mins from everywhere. We stayed here to visit colleges and it was perfect. Rooms are a good size, very clean, and funky decor. Rooms with river view are obviously nicest, and interior rooms face into other windows so least desirable. Depending on your plans, it made the most sense for us to self park and have them sticker your card for in/out privileges. Not the cheapest place to park, but it was $20 and we didn't need to wait for valet, nor need to pay each time we were in or out. If you have a hybrid its also free (perk of Kimptons). I don't love the bath products, but thats personal preference, and theres plenty of counter space for us to spread out our own stuff. Umbrella in the closet was helpful, and they will do their best to supply foam vs down bedding and pillows. Room service is availble from the on property restaurant and was fine for a kids meal...frankly unless youre coming in late or exhausted find somewhere in town for a bite. At the end of the day if you can get a good rate its a great option. Playful, convienent, and clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Marlowe in the Fall of 2011, for our wedding weekend. I grew up on Cape Cod but now live in Dallas, and our wedding was in Cambridge, MA. Anyway, enough TMI on me...

I feel compelled to write a review about Hotel Marlowe-should've written it sooner when my memory was clearer, but alas.
Marlowe is a Kimpton brand, and their hotel's always have a very chic but playful vibe. The check-in was very friendly, and if my memory serves correctly, we found a bottle of champagne awaiting us in our room (being the excited bride to be that I was, I'm sure I told them when I reserved that this was for "our wedding!!" haha.
Anyway, that extra step was very impressive to us.

The rooms are very comfortable, with plenty of space and super soft sheets. The hotel was quiet, a great temperature, and easy to access. And, if you're into sassy robes, they've got you covered! Mine was leopard and my hubby's zebra. I love companies that can have a sense of humor with life!

The room service was timely and tasty, and their bar/restaurant attached (Bambara) was a great place for tasty drinks with our family and friends before the big day.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, convenient, clean and fun stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Michal P, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello JenW91011!

A late review is better than no review! Happy (very belated) Congratulations!! We love celebrating weddings and making them as special as possible! I hope you enjoyed the champagne!!

I hope to see you soon, we love anniversary's as much as weddings!

PS-I just stayed at another Kimpton and had the giraffe robe!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Kendall Hotel
Back Bay
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#6 of 83 in Boston

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!