“Great for a business stay”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here last week whilst on business in Boston. It is attached to the Mall (dangerous!) and it's amenities for a business stay were just fine.

The location was a bit out of the way and not near enough to any public transport but the taxi drivers were all quite chatty and friendly.

Food good - standard American fayre (no portion control - why so MUCH of everything?!!?)

Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Michal P, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

HelloAdjuf!

The mall is a bit dangerous, especially to our pockets! I know the portions are a bit large, we just want to make sure you are full at the end; if you can't finish we do have to-go boxes! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel!

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the Marlowe, great location near all the Cambridge hot spots. The staff was super attentive especially the valet. I would have preferred another beer or two on draft in the bar but a good selection of bottled beer. Overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello TennBoy!

We do have a great relationship with Harpoon, which we do have on tap; however, as you said we do have a great bottled selection! Come back in the different seasons, we are always changing the tastes with the time of the year!

I am happy you enjoyed the hotel, thank you for the nice words!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've actually worked directly across the street from this Hotel for about 6 years and have never stayed here. During the recent Blizzard (Nemo) my company put us up in the Hotel Marlowe due to the weather conditions. I couldnt believe the gem that was right in my own backyard. I loved everything about it, the rooms, the staff, the bar, the food, the accomodations. Not one complaint here. Even though I look at this hotel everyday for the past 6 years, ive contemplated taking a vacation here one long weekend. A Must see if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello wassupjonnyg,

I am glad you finally tried us out after the six years, even if it was on your company! I hope next time we see you it is not because of a few feet of snow! Trust me; the hotel is even better when we are not snowed in!!

See you next time!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love Hotel Marlowe and have stayed there several times. Parking, checking in, staff ... I have never had any issues with any of this. Everyone is so polite and helpful. They really make you feel welcome.

I love the decor throughout the hotel and it is very clean. My room was in the way back overlooking the garden area and it was cornered into a funny area as there were rooms further down the hall but it was a little maze to get there. It was great because it was quiet and very private.

The bar is really nice and I have never had to wait for anything. I've only eaten there a couple of times ... once in the restaurant with my company and once for room service. The food was great both times.

One thing that I really love is that they offer you a special room rate if you are a Mass. General Hospital patient. All you have to do is show them your MGH ID card. I think that is a fantastic benefit.

The location is great because it's right in the same building as the Galleria Mall and a short cab ride to anywhere in the city.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Hello BettyRoxx,

We love our MGH guests!! Thank you for taking great care of us, you keep doing what you have been doing and we will do the same!

Thank you!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel through Trip Advisor's Snique Away program and we were not disappointed. Original trip was interrupted by a major Nor'easter in early Feb. Snique Away moved our reservation 30 days down the road. Our second attempt was diverted by extreme flooding & a Winter advisory warning for Boston. Again, Snique Away moved us and we were able to make the trip.

The hotel is across Edwin Land Blvd from the Museum of Science where we planned to spend one day of the weekend. That was convenient. The Galleria is in the same block as the hotel & accessible through the hotel garage if you're in a shopping mood.

The room was a double double; very spacious, fantastic thick pillowtop mattresses, clean and many thoughtful items. This is not a luxury hotel but it is very nice. Staff is nice and parking is convenient within the hotel garage. We prefer to be downtown with plenty to do in walking distance but, as we didn't research the hotel location, we didn't know. They have a nice fitness room on the top floor with up-to-date equipment, weights, bosu balls & more and a view while you work out.

Good experience and I recommend it to people who want to be in the Cambridge area. Harvard Square is about 8 miles away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello CaliforniaGirl500!

I am glad that we did not let you down! We will have to step it up for your next stay to keep you just as happy!

We look forward to impressing you!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Spent two nights earlier this week at the Hotel Marlowe with my two pugs. I so appreciated all the pet friendly touches in a hotel that is perfectly clean and stylish. Loved the living room just off the main lobby with a fireplace and comfy chairs. My King-sized bedroom was beautifully decorated for both human and pet comfort. Room service provided by the Bambara restaurant was always on time and delicious. The front desk and front door staff were friendly and professional... and I thank them for that. Whether you are traveling with or without your pet, I highly recommend a stay at the Hotel Marlowe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello kadrew!

Thank you, we always appreciate seeing posts like this! I think my favorite thing to here is that we made you feel at home! Please bring the family back whenever; your "other home" is always here!

Thank you!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Large room at a good rate, good range of free tv channels (some HD), very comfortable bed and efficient friendly staff. My only complaint being no coffee making facilities in the room. Free wifi if you sign up to Kimpton In Touch. Added to my list of preferred hotels in Cambridge.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hello Andy99!

I am very happy you enjoyed everything! Next time you are here please ask us to bring a coffee maker up to your room! It is no problem for us to get this up to your room, just ask and your wish will come true!

Thank you and see you soon!