“Made my daughter's birthday extra special”

Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a one-night stay with my daughter, who turned eight and wanted to have some "family time" close to the city. We took our Saint Bernard, which is a rare possibility for a hotel chain.

We couldn't be happier with the experience. Chris DeMillia the Front Desk Manager e-mailed me the weekend prior and asked about any special requests for my daughter or the pup. Even though we didn't ask for anything in particular, we had a special goldfish in our room for my daughter to enjoy, a great setup for the dog (bowls and a great dog bed), and in the evening he brought up a box of chocolates and a bubbly drink for my daughter to toast her birthday (water). :)

It's so nice to see a hotel make the little efforts. My daughter said it was the "best birthday ever" and it was definitely because of Chris and how welcoming the hotel is in general. We are won over by Kimpton in general and I'll strive to stay there whenever I can!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Michal P, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hello Donna S!!

We aim to please and it seems that we did just that for your Daughter's birthday! Chris is a wonderful person and I am sure he is very happy to see what you said about him! We only hope that next year's birthday is even better!

Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Marlowe Hotel

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed there on a recent business trip to Cambridge. It had a nice boutique hotel feel to it, and it was something different from the Cambridge Marriott that I usually stay at while visiting Cambridge. Room is clean and of decent size, WiFi worked fine, bed is comfortable, the room has some fancy brand bottle water (name of the brand escapes me right now) that cost almost 10 bucks, but if you register your email with the hotel, you get free WiFi and a 10 dollar minibar credit. One thing I would have liked is in room coffee, but you could go to the lobby and get complimentary coffee there. Overall, a pleasant stay for a business trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello Huskies92!!

We actually have a lot of business guests with us, so you found the right place to go!! Next time you are here please ask us to bring up a coffee maker. We do not have these in the room, but we do these by request!

See you next time!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I try to stay at Kimpton properties exclusivley when we can. They are consistently great. This was a good place to stay and explore Boston and take a duck tour. No complaints!

Subway and museum are right around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Marcesq42,

No complaint’s...that is what I like to hear! Thanks for trying us out on your travels through the Kimpton properties, we promise to not disappoint!

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here this past weekend. The room was confortable and very clean. The evening wine hour was a very nice touch. The morning coffee and tea and hot chocolate bar was great. I recommend joining the kimpton rewards. It is free and gets you free wifi and $10 towards the mini bar in your room. Valet parking is expensive. Parking seems to be this way all over Boston. We spent $30 to valet the car. The staff at the hotel is great. They are all very helpful and nice. The location was great. Right near the green line t. But be aware the t stops running early in Boston, but there are plently of cabs. We would have stayed a second night at this hotel, but the room price doubled from saturday to sunday night, so we decided to go elsewhere for our second night. However, I would be very happy to return to this hotel if visitng the area for an overnight again.

Hello Ginaz,

The rewards program is awesome; I never touch a mini-bar unless I am getting my $10.00 off! I can't live without it! It is like a small present that you can personally choose!

Thanks for the kind words!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I’ve been curious about this hotel for a while. During my college days there were only two hotels that were convenient to MIT and neither was very good –from what I can tell those two haven’t changed much. Now that I’ve stayed at the newer Marlowe, my guess is that this is probably the best hotel in a town that doesn’t have great hotels. We booked a studio suite which was spacious but not particularly well-appointed. The hotel provides some nice services. There was a complimentary evening wine tasting each night (which we missed), ice water was always available in the lobby and morning coffee was also available in the lobby. As a Kimpton Intouch member, wifi was free as well as $10 from the minibar. The fitness center was also reasonably good – no place to stretch, but we had plenty of room in our room for that. Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is adjacent to a mall – very convenient if you’ve forgotten something. The services were up to the standard of Kimpton hotels; however, I’ve been in better Kimpton rooms/suites. The hotel is within walking distance of the Lechmere T station, and a longer walk to Kendall Square. A car is useful in this location with both self-parking and valet available.

Hello 2teens!!

I would like to agree with you that we are the best hotel in town!!! For your next time I would like to let you know that if you do miss out on the wine hour we can always get you a glass, next time just swing by the desk!

We hope to see you soon, thank you!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our second time back and both times were great. We had a nice room on the top floor. The furnishings are elegant and the bed is beyond comfortable, the pillows are a bit too hard. The shower was excellent as well as the pressure and temperature. Loved the complimentary wine and snacks. The staff is always smiling and happy and they go that extra mile to make sure you have a pleasant stay. They always seems to know what to say to make you feel welcome. We will definitely return for our next 'birthday' weekend.

Room Tip: We always as for a room on the top floor, makes it a bit quieter, as well as one away from the ice m...

Hello Jeanne H!

Happy Belated Birthday! I see we did your birthday right two times now; however, you know what they say...the third time is the charm!! I hope you enjoy the next birthday as much as the previous two!

See you soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff were very nice to me when i checked in with a bad cold. They sent up hot tea and changed the room i was schedule to have for a much nicer one with a gorgeous view. The food was excellent and the Etro toiletries divine. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: The rooms with a view are stunning at sunset.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Judyk10008,

I hope you are feeling better now, hopefully the tea helped!! I am glad you were able to enjoy the food when you were under the weather.

Next time we see you I hope you are all healthy, but if you are not we will make sure to get you some more tea!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Lenox Hotel
#6 of 84 in Boston
Charles Hotel
#3 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!