“Perfect Engagement” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Perfect Engagement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I planned a trip into Boston to see friends and I had no idea he was planning to propose. As soon as we got to the hotel we were amazed at how beautiful the lobby was and how friendly the staff was. Our room was a gorgeous two room suite complete with a gigantic jacuzi tub. We took advantage of the complementary wine and hors d'oeuvre hour each night and were able to easily get to downtown Boston to meet our friends using the hotel's taxi stand that was never empty. What made the stay even better was the help of manager in training Georgina Heasman. She was so helpful throughout our stay and apparently helped set up rose petals, flowers and chocolate for the proposal. We will definitely be staying at the Marlowe the next time we are in Boston!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michal P, Hotel Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hi cweltero!

Wow what a surprise! Congratulations!! I am so happy to hear Georgina was able to make an already special night even better for you. We hope to have you and your fiancé back to the hotel real soon.

Michal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We travel and stay in a lot of hotels--5 hotels and 11 nights so far just in Jan 2013. I have to say the Marlowe is my favourite place to stay when in Boston. There are so many great things about it, where do I begin? I love the classy design, furnishings and finishing details throughout the hotel. The staff there is unusually friendly, helpful, and remembers so many details and they record your room and pillow preferences for future stays. There is an evening wine reception every day with free wines, snacks and on our most recent stay also spiked cider. Free coffee every morn in lobby, water infused with fresh fruit the rest of the day. A bowl of biscuits by the door for pets. Great walking trails by the canal & along the Charles with kayaks in summer. Attached to a mall for shopping and reasonable parking charges for Boston. Rooms are very large and beds super comfortable, minibar, fridge, robes. Reasonably priced. What more can you ask?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi DebKToronto!

I agree, our team is unusually friendly! It's just because we all love to have fun and we get some of the greatest guests walking through our doors! That makes it easy to be so friendly. Don't be a stranger. We all want to see you again real soon!

Michal
Cape Cod
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our 2nd time staying @ a Kimpton hotel & we were not disappointed. Clean, modern & sleek accomodations w/ super helpful staff. The bed was so comfortable, slept like a baby! We will return to this hotel w/ it's convenient location to TD Garden + North End with our Basset Hound.

1 Thank Basset_Mom
Michal P, Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello Basset_Mom!

We would love to have you back at the Marlowe with your pup, you know what they say...the third time is the charm! Thank you for the kind words!

We all hope to see you soon!
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This weekend we had a wonderfull get away at the Hotel Marlowe. Every staff member that we encountered was thoughfull and eager to be of assistance. Our room was perfect...The bed is the most comforable hotel bed there is....what more can I say!

Room Tip: River view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michal P, Hotel Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We love you too GeneralManager501!

I am so happy to hear you had a great stay with us. As for the bed I couldn't agree more, I only wish I got a chance to sleep in them more! We all hope to see you again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel definitely lives up to the Kimpton standard - wonderful and helpful staff, modern decor, and a comfortable room. Though the physical space is a bit less unique than other Kimpton locations, it was still a great hotel. A few previous reviews noted noise issues, but I did not have any trouble on that front. The walls might have been a bit thin, but the hotel and my room were both very quiet. The hotel location was a bit less convenient than I expected: it was a bit more difficult to access central Cambridge and downtown Boston than I thought it would be. That said, there was snow/heavy rain throughout my stay, which might have influenced my impression of transportation options (i.e. I was forced into cabs more than I typically would be!). I'd definitely return to the Hotel Marlowe again, though I might try another, more central Kimpton property if I needed to be in Boston proper more regularly than I did on this trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LaurenandRyan
Hi LaurenandRyan!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time your travel plans bring you to Cambridge!

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my first time at a Kimpton hotel and I was glad we chose this place while on vacation for a few days to Boston and Cambridge areas. The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful and thankfully spacious given that we spent the previous nights at a Manhattan hotel. Great location too..Its very convenient that the hotel is adjacent to good restaurants and food courts / coffee shops. Its also a walk away from the Science Museum which is a good spot and also the pick up point for the famous Duck Tours!
I'd certainly be willing to go back to this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spookybeans
Hi spookybeans!

Thank you for letting us have the privilege of being your first Kimpton hotel stay! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward seeing you again soon!

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'll admit that I love the Kimpton Hotels and their focus on comfort and personalized service. This property didn't disappoint! The "Kimpton Experience" started a few days prior to my stay when I received a confirming email that offered to have the photo of my choice waiting in the room - all I had to do was email it in advance. Nice to walk in to a picture of the family - makes it feel like home!
Rooms are large and quiet for being in the middle of a bustling neighborhood just across the bridge from Boston. High-end toiletries, linens and towels. Trademark cushy leopard bathrobes let you know that you're not in a traditional hotel.
You can walk to historic areas of Boston, including the waterfront and the great North End. It's connected ot a mall, so any shopping needs are taken care of. Steps outside the front door is the Charles River with plenty of room to walk, run or ride a bike (complimentary for guests). Finally, staff from the front of the house to the back are friendly, engaged and customer-focused.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi medicalalert!

I am so happy to hear we lived up to your expectation of a Kimpton Hotel. You are right having the mall so close is definitely convenient when staying at the Marlowe (or dangerous if you work here!) We all hope to see you again real soon.

- Michal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
#5 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,232 reviews

Been to Kimpton Marlowe Hotel? Share your experiences!